EvieB

How To Stop the Password Changed Email

Hi there I'm using coupon classic theme and tried out the facebook social login this morning. It worked fine but I noticed a few admin emails came through that are superfluous. The first one was to me personally to click a link to update my password. Is it possible to edit this email somewhere as there are 2 links together with one space in between and I'd like to reformat the email if possible so it has a sign off and sounds more professional. Once I followed that process to update my email, support receive an email saying password changed for user: my name. Where can I go to stop that email being sent please? I really don't want to receive an email every time someone changes their password...

Created: June 20, 2020 at 12:30 am
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: EvieBEvieB
  • 6 members left 6 comments
  • Last reply from: EvieBEvieB

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 20, 2020 at 3:39 am

Hello EvieB,

Unfortunately, this would need to be handled via code to modify WP default process. You would need to create and add a couple functions within your file to do handle it.

Unless it’s’ being caused from a plugin, then there might be a type of setting or the plugin would need to be deactivated.

Perhaps someone here already has something already put together that allows this.

• Marie
    Marie
    June 25, 2020 at 10:41 am

hi Elvie,

this is a default process from wordpress so you’ll have to modify it through the wordpress core.

• Dien
    August 3, 2020 at 10:56 pm

I have the same problem. After registration, I received a welcome email that already included my username and password. A second email is about login, telling me to SET new password from a reset link which I didn’t ask for any lost password. This is a WordPress default and needs to stop this confusion. But how? There’s an answer link from WP –

But I could find the function file that contains the same snippets in my cPanel. Maybe someone has an idea. Thanks!

add_filter(‘pp_enable_auto_send_password_reset_flag’, ‘__return_false’);

• MOHD ABUZAR
    MOHD ABUZAR
    September 3, 2020 at 7:42 am

You can disable default WordPress notifications messages by using a WordPress plugin “Manage Notification E-mails”.

You can download it from

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    September 4, 2020 at 3:54 pm

Thanks MOHD.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    September 4, 2020 at 11:30 pm

Thanks so much Mohd. I’ll give that a go.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)