How to remove 'visit website' from free listing?

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes ClassifiedsTheme How to remove 'visit website' from free listing?

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

How to remove 'visit website' from free listing?

July 17, 2013
 Matt

• Matt
    Newbie 2 points

Anyone have the code changes required to remove the ‘visit website’ and ‘contact owner’ buttons from the free listing on classifieds?

I was sure there was a post on it but can’t access due to the crash. Anyone have this saved anywhere? thanks in advance if so.

July 17, 2013 at 12:29 pm
  • Adekoyejo
    Adekoyejo
    Newbie 19 points

Hello Matt,

To remove the ‘visit website’ and ‘contact owner’ buttons from your listings, you will have to login into your admin panel and do the following – I believe these goes for all the premiumpress themes (I will use directorypress for this explanation):
    1. In your admin panel, click on on the directorypress;
    2. Click on the ‘Dislay Setting’ in the directorypress;
    3. In the ‘display setting’ window, click on ‘Search/Listing Page’ on the top of the page.
    4. On this ‘Search/Listing Page’, you will see all the options available to switch on/off the ‘visit website’ and ‘contact owner’ buttons.
    5. For ‘visit website’, open the drop down menu for “View Website” Link and click ‘Hide’.
    6. For the ‘contact owner’, open the drop down menu for ‘Contact Form’ and click ‘Hide’.

This will hide both the ‘visit website’ and ‘contact owner’ on your website listings.

Regards,

http://www.nigerianbusinesslinks.com

July 17, 2013 at 1:01 pm

• Matt
    Newbie 2 points

Hey Adekoyejo,

this is not available on classifieds press and it would also remove these options from ‘all’ listings. I am looking to remove from the first package ‘only’ (i.e. the free package).

anyone any ideas?

regards
    Matt

July 17, 2013 at 1:18 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

You would have to edit the _single.php in your child theme and add a conditional tag on the buttons to show them only if the package is not free.

Kind regards,

Richard

July 17, 2013 at 7:53 pm

• Matt
    Newbie 2 points

Hey thanks for advice, but afraid I aint a web designer so that doesn’t mean much to myself! sorry.

There was a post with the code attached and where/how to change. I can do copy/paste but not coding unfortunately.

Is there any sign of the old posts re-appearing at all?

July 26, 2013 at 10:21 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

The old posts have gone the way of the Dodo by the looks. Mind you there are a few conspiracy rumors going around. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

July 26, 2013 at 11:26 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Unfortunately an angry elephant run through the ‘Hi-tech Datacentre’ destroying the hosting server in the process, and following that, group of monkeys took possession of the backup server. The datacentre stuff tried to bribe the monkeys with peanuts to recover the data, but sadly the hard drives were badly damaged by chewing, leaving Mark with nothing. The datacentre promised to take some serious measures to prevent such thing happening again and will replace all the straw building materials with much stronger clay. ๐Ÿ˜›

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 26, 2013 at 11:49 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

lol, think I have a leaked photo of Marks backup server somewhere, let me see…

Found it, someone must have forgot to change the potatoes when they dried up.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 26, 2013 at 11:56 am
  • Claudia
    Claudia
    Newbie 70 points

So how would we turn off the Contact Owner now in the Responsive themes? Specifically the Directory Theme.

I cannot find any direct setting for this anywhere.

Thanx!

October 16, 2013 at 5:21 am
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points

Edit your page layout.

October 16, 2013 at 7:11 am
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team