Terrell

How to remove “terms and conditions” checkbox on Contact Page

On the built-in Contact page, there's a "terms and conditions" checkbox *after* the SEND button. How do I turn OFF the checkbox for terms and conditions on the Contact Page?

Created: May 30, 2020 at 4:55 pm
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: TerrellTerrell
  • 2 members left 11 comments
  • Last reply from: TerrellTerrell

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 1, 2020 at 4:05 am

Hello,

Looks like the contact form is using Elementor page.

Which theme/child theme and version are you using?

• Terrell
    Terrell
    June 1, 2020 at 4:21 am

I’m using CHILD – 8 Dir Theme. Directory Theme Version:

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 1, 2020 at 4:30 am

Ok, I’ll take a deeper look, it may be the default theme template.

• Terrell
    Terrell
    June 1, 2020 at 4:33 am

Thanks James!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 1, 2020 at 5:15 am

Extract the attached archive and upload the included templates directory (with all contents) into your child theme directory.

Note: The checkbox has already been removed, so any additional changes you need to make would be in the templates/_ file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Terrell
    Terrell
    June 1, 2020 at 5:23 am

Done, and it looks right but I tested it and the submit button isn’t working.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 1, 2020 at 5:30 am

Ok, replace the file with this one. I’ve removed the javascript and property that disables it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Terrell
    Terrell
    June 1, 2020 at 5:41 am

Done! That works. I tested it and before my test message could go through, a spam message went through too. 🙁
    Maybe I should increase the security settings in the google recaptcha?
    How are you fighting spam in the contact forms and on the Listing Contact Forms?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 1, 2020 at 11:41 pm

“Maybe I should increase the security settings in the google recaptcha?”

More secure is always better. At best Recaptcha v2 may help minimize the spam some. It won’t totally stop it. v3 is supposed to be better at it, however I haven’t really messed with it yet and PP themes are set to use v2, so it would need to be added manually.

“How are you fighting spam in the contact forms and on the Listing Contact Forms?”

I’d recommend looking at some plugins that may help. Perhaps someone here will have some suggestions on particular plugins that work for them.

• Terrell
    Terrell
    June 2, 2020 at 3:40 am

Will do. Thanks.

• Terrell
    Terrell
    September 22, 2020 at 7:50 pm

As a follow up, I upgraded to version and had to modify the file in framework > elementor > _contact to get rid of the “Agree to Terms” button *after* the submit button.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)