Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Handling Expired Coupons

• Garrie
    Newbie 7 points
    July 28, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I just started my site but I can already see expired coupons are going to be an issue if you keep them.

I set the coupons to move to an expired category and under display settings > home page I added a custom query to not show my expired category.

This works but now the expired coupons no longer show when you view categories under expired.

There has to be a way around this. I can’t imagine a script being at version 7 and still having issues like this.

I’d be interested in knowing how other people are handling the expired coupons.

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points
    July 29, 2013 at 12:43 am

301 Redirect Expired coupons to Store page is the best solution period. I did some code that does this though it falls flat if you have another tax term with the same name eg, a tag with the same name as the store. Still trying to find a fix for this issue.

• Anggalarang
    Anggalarang
    Newbie 1 points
    August 2, 2013 at 9:47 am

Hi do you mind to share the code you use to 301 redirect expired coupons to its store

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 922 points
    August 5, 2013 at 1:43 am

I don’t really want to release it due to the issues.

If you have a taxonomy or post type term which is same as the store, this breaks it completely. The permalink doesn’t even need to be the same – its just the way WordPress queries taxonomy terms.

If anyone else has a more elegant solution, I am all ears.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)