Julian

Greyed out button – My details [my-account]

The button below the form where users can edit their data [my-account] can't be pressed. It doesn't matter what I enter. Have I overlooked an setting?

Created: July 21, 2020 at 7:51 am
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: Julian
  • 2 members left 13 comments
  • Last reply from: Julian

• JamesD
    JamesD
    July 21, 2020 at 6:36 pm

Hello,

Be sure to place a checkmark in the box next to Agree to terms & conditions..
    Note: I have not updated to v10, so this refers to v9+ themes at least.

• Julian
    July 22, 2020 at 3:12 am

Thanks for your reply. It’s indeed about (V9+). But also with a checkmark in the box next to Agree to terms & conditions, it is still not clickable. It’s seems if the button is positioned under a transparant layer because it doesn’t respond on hoovering too. I increased the value of the Z-index to the max by CSS but still no result. BTW I’m am using the WP multisite version maybe that’s a clue.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    July 22, 2020 at 5:11 am

“BTW I’m am using the WP multisite version maybe that’s a clue”
    No clue.

Then it kinda sounds like perhaps there’s a javascript issue.

Has there been any customizations for the page?
    Which theme/child theme are you using?

• Julian
    July 22, 2020 at 8:35 am

I used the default Directory theme. The only thing I changed is the text. I translated all texts into Dutch.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    July 22, 2020 at 6:29 pm

Hard to say what’s going on.
    I could take a look if you have a test account i could look at.

• Julian
    July 23, 2020 at 7:13 am

Please feel free to make a test account JamesD

Regards,
    Julian

• Julian
    July 23, 2020 at 7:14 am

Hopefully you will find out whats going on.

Regards,
    Julian

• JamesD
    JamesD
    July 23, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Yes, it’s a javascript issue. Looks like there has been custom changes of some sort.

First thing you should try is to fix all the javascript lines that look like (there are at least two on that page):
    alert('Ik ga akkoord met <a href='%s'>de algemene voorwaarden</a>');
    This is one of the problems, if not the main issue.

You need to enclose the %s with double quotes and not single quotes.

The line begins with a single quote, so when you use another single quote (if it’s not the very end) then it assumes that’s the end of the string. The line uses single quotes to encapsulate the string, but by adding the single quotes in the middle it breaks.

You can check in the / file.

• Julian
    July 23, 2020 at 9:37 pm

Hi JamesD, I fixed all the lines in the dutch translation from single quotes ‘%s’ to double quotes “%s” and indeed, this causes the issue.

Thanks for solving this problem!

• JamesD
    JamesD
    July 24, 2020 at 12:24 am

You’re welcome, glad it helped.

It’s rather common for something like this (with both double/single quotes) to happen and especially a pain to figure out if you’re not really familiar. Just keep in mind that if single quotes is the encapsulating quote then use double quotes within it (preferred method) OR you can backslash \’ ( for apostrophes within single quotes).

Same type of rule applies if double quotes are used for encapsulating a string. You would use single quotes within the double quotes.

• Julian
    July 24, 2020 at 5:34 am

Okay, thanks for your clear explanation. The error arises partly when you literally copy the translation of the text in the Loco Translate plug-in. So pay extra attention as soon as quotes like these (‘s%’) are used.

Attachments:
    You must be a member to view attached files.

• Julian
    July 24, 2020 at 6:30 am

You can check under the tab “source” in Loco Translate whether the quotes have been applied correctly.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)