an
groups-icon

Google Maps API – Changes June 2018 – Add Payment Method

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Steven Ellis
    0 points
    Beginner

Hello All,

I wanted to ask about the NEW Google maps requirements coming up in June, 2018. Google wants people to register and add a credit card for payment in order to use their Maps API.

The issue is I create a lot of website where I send people to buy a theme licence from you guys and then I create the website with their licence code. I then add an API using my own google account because there is a lot of people that just does not do this or understand how to do this.

I do NOT wish to add peoples websites under my own account anymore nor do I wish to give Google my Credit Card information to be able to use a map on any website with an API.

Is there an alternative to this or something we can do instead of adding a payment account using a credit card to be able to use a map on any Premium Press Themes?

I am sorry, but if I must create an account to use the maps, then I am afraid that this will not happen nor will others want to add their credit card and give to Google. This is my opinion. They offer a free $200.00, but how would we monitor the usage and keep track of what is FREE and what is not. Its just too much extra work and also too scary in my opinion.

There is even people that don’t have a credit card. How would they even be able to use the maps on their website?

You can embed a map as of right now, but not use an API without registering and adding a payment method.

This all is my understanding anyways.

Thanks,

Steve

May 15, 2018 at 6:08 pm
  • Liz Liz
    13 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    May 16, 2018 at 2:51 pm

Views

Replies