Google Analytics Event Tracking

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes CouponPress Google Analytics Event Tracking

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Google Analytics Event Tracking

November 12, 2013
David David
  • David
    David
    Newbie 16 points

Anyone set up google analytics events tracking on PP v7? basically need to add some onclick js code to the view coupon link, i would assume?

November 12, 2013 at 8:41 pm
  • Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points

Register with google analytics, add your website and copy the code … go to Couponpress -> Google+ paste the analytics code. Enable event tracking and click Save. I am using Directorypress, I think the process is same for all the V7 themes.

November 12, 2013 at 10:09 pm
  • David
    David
    Newbie 16 points

I understand how to get google analytics running, but I was looking to specifically track “View Coupons” as events/goals.

November 12, 2013 at 10:14 pm
  • Harry
    Harry
    Senior Member 135 points

Have added Google analytics on my site for years with no problems. Just added it to the Responsive theme and the code shows on the page. Is this temporary or any suggestions on how to fix this?

http://www.nlplifecoachdirectory.com

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 18, 2013 at 9:52 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Where are you inserting the code? Are you placing your code under admin > Theme Options > General Setup > General Settings > Misc > Website Analytics – into a box that says “Analytics Code Here” ?

Kind regards,

Richard

November 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm
  • David
    David
    Newbie 16 points

Harry: that seems to be a somewhat common wordpress problem. I have seen various websites with the tracking code showing up visually in the footer of a page. I am not sure what the fix is, but maybe worth some googling.

Personally, my tracking code itself is working fine (I insert mine through Yoast’s google analytics plugin instead of through the theme). My issues is that I want to hits on individual “View Coupon” outgoing affiliate links as “goals”. This normally involves inserting javascript into the a-tag of the link that does an “onclick” action that communicates back to google saying, “hey, this outgoing link that someone just clicked counts as a goal”. I am planning to experiment with Google Tag Manager, but that may be overly complicated for my simple needs. Is there some easier way that I am missing.
    Binesh: where do you “enable event tracking” on the v7 theme?

November 18, 2013 at 1:53 pm
  • Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points

Directorypress->google+

I have included a screenshot.

Attachments:
    November 18, 2013 at 2:59 pm
  • Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points

David, see if this video useful…….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEhZfefxn0E[/video]

November 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm
  • Jasper
    Jasper
    Senior Member 203 points

@David, did you ever get this sorted out? To track coupon clicks as goal in GA?

January 11, 2014 at 10:28 pm
  • Michael
    Michael
    Elite Member 427 points

How do you have tracking code hidden from a visitor view?

It is appearing on my bottom left of my home page but I don’t know how to hide it.

I added it in the MISC section.

Thanks.

February 10, 2014 at 6:56 pm
  • Binesh
    Binesh
    Elite Member 431 points

Code won’t be visible to visitors. I haven’t faced such an issue on any of my websites. Did you edit the code? We are not supposed to make any changes to the code.

Attachments:
    February 10, 2014 at 11:55 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

As Binesh has shown, you need to include the full code not just your Analytics ID.

February 11, 2014 at 12:52 am
  • Michael
    Michael
    Elite Member 427 points

Thank you, I think I got that. I have a lot of these little simple things I need to do like in this case a Google Analytics Snippet with my code. I just put in the basic snippet. One day, I may learn more. In the mean time, I need all the help I can get, I have somehow got over 2,300 subscribers and don’t have my newsletter set up properly and still need some design and coding tweaks done.

But got some interest in what I’ve been doing to this point without too much help.

Thanks.

February 11, 2014 at 1:23 am
  • Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,709 points

HI, Can you add a screenshot of added event tracking code for click on the ‘View Deal’ or ‘Coupon Button’ Click on Responsive CP theme v6.6.5 ? I have used the tracking code in the analytics box in the General Setup. But the event tracking codes are supposed to add in each affiliates link, that means Do I have to add the tracking code manually in each affiliate link ?

What the Option ‘ON/OFF’ does for the Option ‘Google Event Tracking’ in the analytics box ?

Does anyone use GATC to track affiliate link click ?

Please share a Code format.

October 26, 2014 at 9:58 am
  • Pau
    Pau
    Newbie 27 points

“Does anyone use GATC to track affiliate link click ?”

Any New info about this??

March 27, 2017 at 5:05 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team