fullwidth template

fullwidth template

July 23, 2013
Emanuele Emanuele
  • Emanuele
    Emanuele
    Newbie 59 points

Hello, i got the responsive real estate theme, how can i put in the _style css the fullwidth? i tryed both fixed and fluid layout but it doesn’t change, at it keep the layout not fullwith

July 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

the theme layout is set to max width 960px, if you provide your link i can give u the css to paste into your admin to make it 100% width but you’ll lose the nice look for those with widescreen (like me:))

July 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm
  • Emanuele
    Emanuele
    Newbie 59 points

my website: wwww.bostadexpress.se

I tryed to change this max-width to: 1800px;}
    But this make fullwidth also the content/columns, and i would prefere to have a similar (or same) configuration as the responsive directory theme.

To make it more clear i add here the style max-width to: 1800px;} , and the wanted as responsive directory theme.

btw great work with this new responsive themes!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 23, 2013 at 5:24 pm
  • Emanuele
    Emanuele
    Newbie 59 points

If is not clear what i meant please let me know :).

Thank you in advance!

July 24, 2013 at 9:35 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

the css for the DT theme is;

[code title=””].container, .navbar-static-top .container, .navbar-fixed-top .container, .navbar-fixed-bottom .container, #core_menu_wrapper { width:100%; }
    #core_header, .navbar, #core_columns_wrapper, #footer, #footer_bottom p, #core_main_breadcrumbs_wrapper, #core_header_navigation .navbar, #footer_bottom_inner, #HomeMainBanner #myCarousel, #core_new_header, #new_top_section { max-width:1000px; margin:auto auto; }[/code]

July 24, 2013 at 10:15 am
  • Emanuele
    Emanuele
    Newbie 59 points

Thank you!!

It works great!
    😀

July 24, 2013 at 2:23 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

July 24, 2013 at 2:34 pm
  • Sean
    Sean
    Newbie 6 points

HI Mark, I am using the shopper press responsive, can you provide me with the css code to do this also for that theme. Thank You

November 13, 2013 at 7:26 pm

• Melanie
    Newbie 1 points

A reply to Sean would have been nice. I suspect you don’t need this answer anymore, but others might! I had to do a bit of tweaking to get the ShopperPress to work and the (new) Responsive Shopper was no better. Initially the problems were so bad, that I had to strip the entire thing down and use a completely different platform, despite having purchased TWO licenses from you! As I type this, I still haven’t implemented your scripts, despite installing multiple times to reset the original code back. I have fixed it to actual expand full width though.

See, I understand the difference between “fluid”, “responsive” …”fixed”…”adaptive”….”static”…”liquid” …etc. Technically, Responsive should be an option as well, because Fluid is *not* the same. So you are confusing people who expect to see the overall width change from 980 (or whatever it is set too). Not everyone understands that responsive does not necessarily change overall width …it changes how the code adjusts from various platforms (such as mobile, ipad, desktop comps, etc.)… in terms of what the user-end sees. By labeling “Fluid” as “100%” in the front-end options, we expect to see full width – not the same thing as fixed 980.

So yeah, for those unaware, “Responsive” is typically illustrated best by re-sizing your browser window. Here is the easiest and best physical example that can be provided:

http://liquidapsive.com/

So, if you do want it full width (to auto adjust across the entire screen), then you need to custom code that. It’s not hard, but it can be if you have no clue how to write code. *ha* … I will try and post my fix for it soon …or if the actual Developer sees this, perhaps he can.

Hope this helps someone to at least understand *why* it doesn’t equate to an actual full width adjustment as labeled.

April 3, 2014 at 8:44 pm

• Richard
    Newbie 1 points

@Melanie, thanks for the http://liquidapsive.com link. I will send virtually all of my clients there now rather than try to explain it verbally. And I agree, the PremiumPress folk should do a much better job of explaining it. Perhaps by including that link above!

April 19, 2014 at 12:34 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

April 19, 2014 at 10:44 am
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team