EvieB

Footer CSS

Hello there Could you please help me with a couple of css markups for the footer thank you? I've been experimenting but not having any luck making the changes I want. I have a 3 box footer at www.smartaussies.com.au. I'd like to make the company text in the first section the same size as the text in the other sections and no transform to upper case. Can the company name align at the top with the top text in the other 2 sections as well? For the copyright area at the very bottom of the page, I'd like to make the whole lot #e0dddd. Many thanks for your help!

Created: May 19, 2020 at 12:19 am
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: EvieBEvieB
  • 2 members left 11 comments
  • Last reply from: EvieBEvieB

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 19, 2020 at 2:40 am

Hello,

There may be options if you’re using an elementor template, not sure.

However, if you wanted to handle it via CSS then give this a shot by adding with your custom CSS (or under PremiumPress > Design Setup > CSS/JS > Custom CSS Code):
    footer { font-size: initial; } /** Make font-size same for all */
    footer .text-uppercase { text-transform: none !important; } /** Remove all uppercase */
    footer . { margin-top: initial !important; } /** Removes spacing to align company name at top */

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 19, 2020 at 3:20 am

Thanks a million James! It all worked well 🙂

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 19, 2020 at 3:22 am

So what’s the very bottom of the footer section where the copyright notice class called?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 19, 2020 at 3:32 am

Oh yeah, try this:
    footer .bg-secondary { background-color: #e0dddd !important; }

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 19, 2020 at 3:38 am

Hmmm, thanks James, but that changes the whole footer & I just want the very bottom colour to change…

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 19, 2020 at 3:47 am

“I’d like to make the whole lot #e0dddd”
    Sorry, that’s what I understood when you said the whole lot.

I’m guessing you’re referring to below the grey border only.
    footer .bg-secondary:last-child { background-color: #e0dddd !important; }

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 19, 2020 at 10:58 pm

That worked. Cheers James! 🙂

While I’ve got you on css, would you know why the icons on my home page category list have disappeared? I can see the code says ::marker. You can see they’re missing here: Thanks.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 19, 2020 at 11:26 pm

You’re welcome.

“While I’ve got you on css, would you know why the icons on my home page category list have disappeared?”
    Yes, the icon asset URL being used is being denied access.

This would be something Mark would need to fix or you could try overriding it with your own solution, although it would require a little coding to implement it.

You can create your own FontAwesome kit here.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 20, 2020 at 12:11 am

Thanks James. Is it possible to ask Mark if he has time to fix it please?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 20, 2020 at 12:15 am

I’d recommend contacting support/opening a ticket.

I’m not with PP. I only assist because I feel bad for the members since PP support seems weak.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    May 20, 2020 at 12:19 am

Weak? That’s an understatement! You’re providing an amazing service to their customers and should be getting paid for it! 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)