Find – Listings Geo Coordinates – Directory Theme

WordPress Business Themes Forums Plugins – Share & Recommend Responsive Framework Plugins Find – Listings Geo Coordinates – Directory Theme

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Find – Listings Geo Coordinates – Directory Theme

August 21, 2014
CodersPress.com CodersPress.com
  • CodersPress.com
    CodersPress.com
    Elite Member 524 points

Directory Theme: plugin

This Plugin is designed as an aid for those of you who upload CSV files which don’t have map Latitude or Longitude Coordinates:

Using this plugin means you don’t have to edit/visit each of your listings and set the map address. (which gets the coordinates)

Plugin works as follows:
    Plugin counts all your listings and breaks those up in to groups of 100 (or less), you select where you want to start: 0 represents the newest (most recent) entries.

The address for each listings gets sent to Google’s Maps and Google returns the Latitude and Longitude, these coordinates are then updated to your listing.

Make sure your CSV file contains a correct packageID and most importantly contains the heading:

showgooglemap (with) yes or no for each of your listings.

What would normally take hours now takes 30seconds per 100 listings.

NOTE! Google do have restrictions on how many requests you can send in one day… the plugin will let you know if you have exceeded that amount. If you do exceed your limit, don’t panic, you can continue processing your listings after 24hours.

As said before, feel free to edit the file or suggest additional options or bugs.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 21, 2014 at 4:47 pm
  • Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,747 points

thanks for sharing :)

August 21, 2014 at 10:33 pm
  • Emily
    Emily
    Newbie 60 points

Thank you a million times to M for creating this! Just tested and works fantastic!

December 12, 2014 at 2:19 am
  • M
    M
    Senior Member 283 points

Thanks for the feedback…

If you have any future problems please use http://coderspress.com/topic/find-listings-geo-coordinates-from-address/

December 12, 2014 at 6:45 am
  • Emily
    Emily
    Newbie 60 points

Great! I will!… Also, just for future reference for anyone who may use this….I found that I had to run it about 3 times for each group of 100 to get the coordinates for each listing. The first time I ran it, it would produce an error for about 20 out of the 100. The second time, it had an error for about 10 out of the 100, and the final time I ran it, all 100 would successfully have coordinates.

December 12, 2014 at 7:59 pm
  • Gerald
    Gerald
    Newbie 3 points

It didn’t work for me, I have the packageID and showgooglemaps setup, thinking it may have something to do with it being on a multi-site install? It ran said listings were updated but listings were not updated.

December 31, 2014 at 2:20 am
  • Xaviwe
    Xaviwe
    Newbie 5 points

My site is spanish and his plugin does’nt work well when map_location field includes some non english characters as “`ó é è ì etc…” That’s a problem in my case because a lot of location in spanish and catalan use that kind of characters.

April 1, 2015 at 6:29 pm
  • Joshua
    Joshua
    Newbie 15 points

Beautiful! Thanks so much for creating this plugin. Works very well :)

June 21, 2018 at 1:17 pm
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team