Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Kashif

extra fields remove???

Hi there guys, I am using Classified Theme V 9.4.3. How do i remove the following fields from the theme; ITEM STATUS CONDITION DELIVERY REFUNDS Please also see the snapshot demo attached. Thanks

Created: March 20, 2020 at 1:03 am

• Chris
    Chris
    March 20, 2020 at 4:42 pm

Watching! I need t know how to do this as well please – for CONDITION, REFUNDS are not applicable to the items offered on my site.

• Chris
    Chris
    March 22, 2020 at 5:34 am

@Kashif

I have found the code that displays these Fields, I don’t know if it is possible to accomplish the removal in a child theme or using a filter. I am looking into those options to see if it is possible.

For now, you will have to edit some of the theme files.

First, go to the root of theme directory and open the directory “_classifieds”. Inside there first you can find a functions.php file, open it and scroll to line 418.

There you will find the following code, from line 418 to line 434

<div class="box-admin">
    <label>Condition</label>
    <div class="input-group">
    <select name="custom[condition]" class="form-control" style="width:99%;">
    <?php

$values = array(0 => __( 'New', 'premiumpress' ), 1 => __( 'Used', 'premiumpress' ) );

?>

<?php foreach($values as $k => $v){ ?>
    <option value="<?php echo $k; ?>" <?php if(isset($_GET['post']) && $CORE->get_edit_data('condition', $_GET['post']) == $k){ echo "selected=selected"; } ?>><?php echo $v; ?></option>
    <?php } ?>

</select>
    </div>
    </div>

You have one more block of code to delete, scroll down to line 572, through 577, you will find this block of code that you need to remove for “CONDITION”

$c[$o]['title'] = __("Condition","premiumpress");
    $c[$o]['name'] = "condition";
    $c[$o]['type'] = "select";
    $c[$o]['class'] = "form-control";
    $c[$o]['listvalues'] = array(0 => __( 'New', 'premiumpress' ), 1 => __( 'Used', 'premiumpress' ) );
    $o++;

The is the code for the field “Condition” – delete it and it removes it from the add listing form and the backend meta box.

While there you will find similar blocks of code for the other items you wish to delete. Test these on a local dev or backup server or make a backup of the original functions.php file in case you need to restore back.

Next, the sidebar on the single listing page has a series of list items displaying these fields. It can be found in the same place but tucked away inside the “widgets” folder, open widget-buybox.php and look for the following:

Lines 40 through 48 contain the code for “condition”

<li class="list-group-item condition"><?php echo __("Condition","premiumpress") ?> <span class="badge bg-primary text-light badge-pill">
    <?php
    if(get_post_meta($post->ID, 'condition', true) == 1){
    echo __( 'Used Item', 'premiumpress' );
    }else{
    echo __( 'New Item', 'premiumpress' );
    } ?>
    </span>

delete that block of code to remove the CONDITION field from your single listing sidebar widget.

There is one other place that I have seen these fields, when you do a search, there are checkboxes with these fields to filter the search by. I have not found the code to remove these from the search filters yet, but these can be hidden in simple css, if you need help, just ask.

It is not ideal, of course if an update is released it will overwrite these changes and you will have to go back in and delete them again manually. Hopefully Mark will see the benefit of giving us an option switch to deal with this in a more elegant manner.

I will keep looking for a way to accomplish this in a child theme, perhaps somebody with that knowledge can opt in and help us.

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments