Error when uploading .pdf files

• karine
    Newbie 1 points
    March 4, 2020 at 7:27 pm

Hi guys !
    .pdf upload well in media library when i’m in backend and able to find .pdf in allowed files…

…but can’t upload in frontend for listings. Say «Sorry, We do not accept this type of file. (application/pdf) »

Somebody have a clue on this ?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,719 points
    March 4, 2020 at 10:23 pm

Hello,
    The listing uploads for themes are specifically set for media file types like images or videos and are not for downloading directly.

PP does offer a Download Theme that offers the variety file type downloads.

• karine
    Newbie 1 points
    March 5, 2020 at 1:55 pm

Oh… 🙁

I would like to upload .pdf on the auction listings because the technical description of items type solds in my listings site are often in .pdf format. My needs is really an auction site…

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 542 points
    March 5, 2020 at 4:34 pm

Hi Karine,

pls, open a ticket for that. This used to work in v8 themes. (in DT, CT etc..)

• Marie
    Marie
    Super Guru 1,859 points
    March 6, 2020 at 2:05 am

Hi Karine,

in new version the uploads is only limited to images and videos (.jpg, .png, .mp4 , .flv )

I would suggest you add in a note to your add listing page to ask your customers to upload scanned copies of your pdf files or doc files so they can upload it as an image to attach to the listing

• Adnan
    Adnan
    Elite Member 542 points
    March 6, 2020 at 1:48 pm

Hi Marie,

Due to the fact that it used to work in v8 framework, I have hundereds of pdf files in my listings. I think it would be great, if this can be implemented to v9 framework too.

I added this to https://www.premiumpress.com/ideas/

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 8, 2020 at 6:05 am

Thanks Adnan

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes