emable an option to set all images to use the featured image.

WordPress Business Themes Forums Feature Request Forum emable an option to set all images to use the featured image.

emable an option to set all images to use the featured image.

July 1, 2013
Erin Erin
  • Erin
    Erin
    Newbie 1 points

In the comparison press theme I am having difficutly importing xml and csv files with this theme. Beacuse of this i have had to import using a plugin but it only lets me import files to the featured image. I was wondering if there was a way to set the image paths for the comparison press to use the featured image. As a second note perhaps you could make the theme importing compatable with wpallimport (only import that can do files >1gb)

July 1, 2013 at 7:09 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

The featured image uses the custom field key ‘featured_image’ maybe you could simply assign the image to that key during import?

July 2, 2013 at 6:05 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

wpallimport looks interesting, is there a test copy?

July 2, 2013 at 6:08 am
  • Erin
    Erin
    Newbie 1 points

Yes they have a free edition (with minimal limitaions when it comes to your theme) and now that I realised all your setup is done via custom field it works really well. I am testing it now with some other large files 1gb+ and 2gb+ (zipped to as much as I can manage). It will unzip and recreate a workable xml file that it uses to mass import. you should check it out. 😀

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Erin Erin.
    July 4, 2013 at 5:39 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

would love too, do you have a copy of the 1gb or smaller file i can download to test?

July 4, 2013 at 6:18 am

• Pelumi
    Newbie 1 points

Hello Mark,

This would be brilliant. I have been using wpallimport for my other sites but when it comes to comparisonpress, I always hit a little problem. I can’t seem to fill the short description field. I made an enquiry about 2 months ago but I was told it is not possible to fill the short description field. furthermore, after uploading the products, customers are not able to buy products from merchants page. Whenever they click the go to store button, it takes them to an error page. I have tried everything and have been forced not to work on it for the past 2 months.

I am thinking of starting another project with comparisonpress from scratch, by that I mean new domain, hosting service and hope that it works well. please Mark, make this theme wpallimport friendly. it will make life so much easier. I can give you a file to test please I’m begging and I really shouldn’t lol.

July 30, 2013 at 5:30 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team