Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Dan

Duplicate email

Using DT9 v9.4.3 When I register a test user the system sends duplicate emails. I get two of each email, 2 for the admin notification and 2 for the test user Welcome email. I believe one set is sent by Premium Press and other by the WordPress system. Both sets have different content. Is there a way to disable the WordPress new user notification and new registration emails? -is there a setting I am missing somewhere? Thanks.

Created: May 25, 2020 at 8:52 pm

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 26, 2020 at 10:58 pm

Hello Dan,

“Is there a way to disable the WordPress new user notification and new registration emails? -is there a setting I am missing somewhere?”

Not that I’m aware of, so I don’t think you’re missing anything.

By chance have you made any custom changes to the theme and/or setup?

• Dan
    May 27, 2020 at 12:17 am

Thanks JamesD, I thought maybe I had just missed something obvious.
    I have made quite a number of changes to a child theme but nothing that I would think would affect the system emails.
    Also, I meant to post here that I found a solution/work around for my issue. I installed a plugin called:
    Manage Notification E-mails
    I disabled the WP New user notification to admin and New user notification to user
    Things seem to be working properly now. The user and the admin only receive emails from the Premium Press theme when a user signs up.

• Dan
    May 27, 2020 at 12:44 am

I should also note that before I installed the plugin fix I deactivated the child theme. Then deactivated all the plugins except Elementor and tested things out with the same results.
    2 emails from PPT and 2 from WP on new user sign up.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 27, 2020 at 12:44 am

You’re welcome Dan.

“I have made quite a number of changes to a child theme but nothing that I would think would affect the system emails.”

One thing I’ve learned about the theme code over the years is there are quite a few things handled differently than I would have handled it or what I would think is more of a “normal” process/flow and can cause issues in areas than where one would expect.

Thanks for updating.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 27, 2020 at 12:53 am

“I should also note that before I installed the plugin fix I deactivated the child theme. Then deactivated all the plugins except Elementor and tested things out with the same results.
    2 emails from PPT and 2 from WP on new user sign up.”

This is peculiar.

I don’t believe I’ve had this problem with PP, which is why I think it’s possibly something else.

Just a thought… by chance the email addresses being used set up with forwarding or being receiving from another email account?

It’s hard to say without being able to actually replicate the issue.

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments