Directory Press Showcase

WordPress Business Themes Forums Showcase & Website Feedback Directory Press Showcase

Directory Press Showcase

July 22, 2013
Fui Sinn Fui Sinn
  • Fui Sinn
    Fui Sinn
    Newbie 21 points

Just finished the directory site and the responsive directory press was launched ! Oh well, feedback much appreciated. =)

MLM Directory

July 22, 2013 at 9:16 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

looks wicked nice job.

July 22, 2013 at 10:40 am
  • Amit
    Amit
    Newbie 6 points

This is one that I made for a client. It is complete but still a WIP as i keep tweaking it now and then.

Search Hospitality directory and classifieds

December 16, 2013 at 9:48 pm
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

@Amit; Your list of categories under Directory is so long that I can not even scroll to see them all. This is on laptop screen. It may be OK on regular computers or large screens but not on laptops. Otherwise – nice site.

December 21, 2013 at 7:20 pm
  • Amit
    Amit
    Newbie 6 points

@Malgorzata Thanks a lot for the appreciation. Yes I am quite concerned about the really long category list in the main menu. We need to buy a mega menu plugin to nicely align it in rows but the client will probably not pay for it. Any suggestions?

December 23, 2013 at 7:24 am
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

@Amit; This is a cost of a developer / site owner / you.
    Sometimes you have to pay a little to have clients happy. One unhappy client is one too many. This is bad energy.
    If one can not see on a laptop all categories under your directory, you may loose some clients. If one can not see, one may not buy; Anyone on laptop or ipad will have this problem, because your list of categories is simply too long to be seen or even scrolled any lower. Uber Menu plugin is $18;
    Check Richard Bonk site:
    http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/product-category/premiumpress-plugins/
    Richard may have such plugin. Always better to support those who give time and so much free advice on this forum than others, unless there is no option among those who help here.

December 23, 2013 at 5:39 pm
  • Joel
    Joel
    Senior Member 110 points

Gorgeous.. How did you get the Featured Listings to display like that? That’s what I want but I don’t see where to set it.

December 24, 2013 at 12:44 am
  • susan
    susan
    Newbie 3 points

I would like some feedback on my site please even-thou is in Spanish please,
    I would also like to know how to display the featured listings to display like Amit Site (Search Hospitality directory and classifieds) any ideas pls

December 25, 2013 at 1:27 am
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    Super Guru 1,606 points

@Susan; and what is your site – you did not post any link; I hope Amit will tell you how he got that featured display. After-all, that what this forum is about.

December 25, 2013 at 7:05 am
  • Dave Harris
    Dave Harris
    Super Guru 1,406 points

Susan, also start a new thread in the showcase forum and don’t hijack someones thread. 😉

December 25, 2013 at 7:22 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

December 25, 2013 at 8:41 am
  • Amit
    Amit
    Newbie 6 points

Hello Everyone. Sorry for the delay in reply.
    @Joe
    l and @ susan. If you are talking about the featured listings on the home page at the bottom. This can be done in two ways. One by a Chosen listing widget that can be activated on the home page in the home page settings
    Dashboard>directorypress>Display Settings>Home page
    We have to enter a query to select the listings that we want to appear and doing that is a bit complicated.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/query_posts

I discovered a better method thanks to @Malgorzata who referring me to the site

http://premiumwebservices.co.uk/shop/product-category/premiumpress-plugins/

Here I could download for free a plugin called random featured post widget. I installed it and set it in the home page widget bar and selected what posts and how many I wanted to appear.
    Of course to make custom sidebars display on the home page. I went to
    Dashboard>directorypress>Display Settings>Home page
    And activated the Attach widget bar. Then in the Dashboard>Appearance>Widgets I put the **Website listing** widget (That I had installed)
    I think the attach widget bar is a great option as we can have sidebar widgets on the home page content.
    @ Malgorzata Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Yes I am aware of the Uber menu plugin and I guess if no free plugin is available, I should go for it. The Richard Bonk site does not have any mega menu plugin.

Merry X mas to everyone and thanks for appreciating serchhospitality.com
    Best wishes from India
    Amit

December 25, 2013 at 11:07 am
  • susan
    susan
    Newbie 3 points

Hi Amit,

thanks for the quick response,
    but I am talking about the featured post that you have on top like a slide type.

and happy holidays to everyone in the forum too, you guys are awesome.

my directory is
    http://soloenhonduras.com/

Sue

December 25, 2013 at 2:58 pm
  • susan
    susan
    Newbie 3 points

Never Mind, I just found it.
    thanks anyway.

December 25, 2013 at 7:27 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

:)

December 25, 2013 at 8:48 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team