Customize Property ID

WordPress Business Themes Forums Feature Request Forum Customize Property ID

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Customize Property ID

October 5, 2013
Laura Laura
  • Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points

Never got an answer about this when I asked so I am assuming it is not possible. It would be nice to be able to customize the Property ID number. We have been around for ten years and already have a system in place for numbering our properties, each property is given a unique number. I would like to use my reference number instead. Less confusing for our customers and for us.

When I create a listing on RealtorPress, it generates a number that appears as the Property ID on the site. This is called the SKU in the database.

I can change the SKU in the database HOWEVER the number displayed does not change. For example, I changed the SKU from 4327 to 1309 and saved it. However under real estate manager and on the page itself this property still shows as 4327.

Frustrating! And I’d love to see this changed.

October 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm

• Luhan Waththa
    Senior Member 161 points

This may need some changes to core files, but this can be done, as well as I can program to search by “Property ID” (like your post) in the menage as well

If you want get this done, contact me via info@prestarist.com or add me to skype “prestarist”

October 6, 2013 at 6:15 pm
  • Laura
    Laura
    Newbie 40 points

Thanks, Saman. To be able to use my own numbering system would be great but even more important would be the search. How much would this cost? Not looking for an exact figure just a rough estimate at this point. Will also shoot you an email.

October 7, 2013 at 8:32 am

• Luhan Waththa
    Senior Member 161 points

Sure, Looking forward to hearing from you.

October 7, 2013 at 9:03 am
  • Ashford
    Ashford
    Newbie 4 points

Hey I’m interested in this option as well, did you all figure it out?

June 10, 2017 at 1:26 pm
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team