Couple v9.4.3 issues

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    February 27, 2020 at 2:44 am

@Mark Fail
    Note: Only checked with DT 9..4.3

Hi Mark,
    Here are a couple things I’ve corrected on my end and thought I’d pass on for your reference (in case you’re unaware)…

1. A reference to the Likes widget template (/DT9/framework/new_class/ppt_extra_widgets.php) is incorrect (line #400) and the widget isn’t being displayed.

The line currently has get_template_part( 'widgets/widget', 'likes' ); instead of get_template_part( 'widgets/widget', 'like' );.

2. When a listing is authorized to use the HTML editor feature the HTML editor display is toggled off/on by each click of one of the accordion links (i.e. ‘Media Space’, ‘Description’, ‘Category’, Location’) .

It doesn’t stay displayed when it should. If the listing is set to use HTML, and saved when the editor isn’t displayed, the description data ends up being saved as blank.

/DT9/templates/add-form-main.php (line #274). The conditional is missing.

This video shows how to replicate the issue. (no audio)

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    February 27, 2020 at 2:56 am

Sorry, one other item I forgot to add…

When the search sort order is set up to be listed by Featured first it doesn’t sort with all featured listings on top and some without the featured banner. (haven’t tried with any other filter).
    Here’s an example

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    February 27, 2020 at 3:05 am

And the MEDIA CAPTION doesn’t look like it’s being used (see attached image).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 27, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Thanks James, will check on these for the upcoming update.

• Damyon
    Newbie 9 points
    March 2, 2020 at 4:03 pm

@JamesD I was just looking to see if there was a solution to that as I am having the same issues.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    March 2, 2020 at 11:03 pm

@Damyon
    Well, I do have my own solution (required changing core files).
    Wouldn’t recommend anyone doing changes like this with core files if they aren’t comfortable and familiar with PHP/HTML.

I’d recommend waiting for the next release and hope it’s corrected.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    March 3, 2020 at 7:38 am

(RE: DT9 9.4.3)
    Hello Mark,

@Mark Fail
    I may have found another bug with the email logs. When an email contains HTML it breaks the Email & SMS admin-3-logs.php page.

The log data is being displayed in a table, but the table is missing the <tr><td> and </td></tr> and breaking the page.

In the image I’ve added, and highlighted, the missing lines.
    Hope it helps.

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    March 4, 2020 at 5:21 am

Thanks James.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,704 points
    March 4, 2020 at 10:06 am

@Damyon

I’ve attached the files with the changes, if you are the type comfortable enough to do it. It fixes a couple things. You’ll see comments in the files where the changes were made.

Extract the attached zip file, A folder named ‘frameworks‘ will be extracted. Upload the folder into your child theme directory.

Note: The modified files are from DT9 v9.4.3.

Hope it helps.

Attachments:
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes