Adnan

Confirmation Link for email verification (in v9)

Anyone knows a way to set up confirmation Link for email verification? I mean, to register; user enters name, lastname, email, password etc. and at the end, the user should not auto login but the user must click the confirmation link sent to their emails first. I am aware of sending emails with random generated passwords to the users but this is not the way I want to set up.

Created: May 17, 2020 at 6:47 pm
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: AdnanAdnan
  • 2 members left 3 comments
  • Last reply from: AdnanAdnan

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 22, 2020 at 2:57 am

Hello Adnan,

A custom solution, or plugin, would be required.

I’ve been thinking about creating something like this for one of my sites.
    I’ll be putting something basic together as time permits.

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 2, 2020 at 11:49 pm

@Adnan

Update…
    Well, I’ve been going over this and have some of it completed, but I’m at a standstill. There are a variety of ways this can be accomplished, but accomplishing this without messing with theme files has been the challenge. I’m not seeing any way yet to integrate a confirmation url with the the user welcome email without sending an additional email.

It can easily be added to core files, but I’m not really a fan of doing it that way since the themes change frequently.

One possibility would be to check they’ve confirmed yet during login and email them if it hasn’t.

I’m not sure yet, but I’m still checking if I can create a workaround.

Out of curiosity, how code savvy are you?
    Meaning, would you be able work with the code to expand it and make any additional changes you need or are you reliant on a developer?

Note: Now would be the time to add any thoughts and/or considerations you may have.

• Adnan
    Adnan
    June 3, 2020 at 12:22 pm

Hi James,

I sent you an email regarding this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)