Color Font Changing in homepage block (see image)

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes ShopperPress Color Font Changing in homepage block (see image)

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Color Font Changing in homepage block (see image)

February 1, 2017
marty marty
  • marty
    marty
    Newbie 18 points

Hello guys (& girls)

Is there somebody who can give me a headset up where I can change or override the css of the Homepage Font & Colors? It seems to be easy as $%^& but I cant make it work/find.

Thank you for all your help!

To Mark (& Friends)
    Maybe it’s an idea to integrate “Buy me a Cup-of-Coffee” here in the forum. So we can do micro payments to people who really take an effort to help people like me. Every oner or two Dollar/Euro/Pound’s count… ๐Ÿ˜‰

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 1, 2017 at 6:40 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points

Hello Marty,

Please post a URL It’ll make it easier for people to assist you.

February 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm
  • marty
    marty
    Newbie 18 points

Thnx!
    Link url: Pinup Mode & Fashion

February 1, 2017 at 8:48 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points

Hello Marty,

Is this a version 7 theme?
    There may be an easier way, but you can use a little CSS until you find out.

You can add something like the following to your custom stylesheet or under “Theme Setup > General Setup > CSS/Javascript > Custom CSS”: (assuming your theme version has this setting):

For the title portion, like “Pinup Clothing”, you could use the following to change the font color to red:

.home_box1 li h3 {
        color: #FF0000; 
    }

For the subptitle portion, like “Pinup Dresses, Tops & More”, you could use the following to change the font color to red:

.home_box1 li span {
    }

Note: I used the color red for simplicity. Just change the “#FF0000” to the color you need for each.

If you need to adjust the font-size without altering a template, then you could add “font-size: 22px;” (or use whatever value needed):

.home_box1 li h3 {
        font-size: 22px;
    }
    February 1, 2017 at 9:07 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • marty
    marty
    Newbie 18 points

Hi James,
    Thank you for your help,

For some reason there is something which over writes my css code.
    I have already tried several different possibilities but nothing works.
    I am trying now to change the core template in cpanel.
    But I believe I have done this before, just have figured out where….
    This (is?) should be a simple function, or am I wrong. Maybe I’m just overseeing it…
    Otherwise I maybe should uninstall some plugins.

Versions I have installed:
    PP Shopper ~ Version 8.9.6
    WP ~ 4.7.2.

Thnx

February 1, 2017 at 10:01 pm
  • marty
    marty
    Newbie 18 points

James:
    It does work! I had some other css taken out I wrote.

Thank you very much!!!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 1, 2017 at 10:05 pm
  • JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,345 points

@Marty
    I can see the titles are white now and the sub-titles red, so something has changed. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good job, glad to be of help.

February 1, 2017 at 10:08 pm
  • marty
    marty
    Newbie 18 points

I can’t thank you enough! I have been “fooling around” with this the entire evening last night. I still don’t understand what I did wrong, but it works.

No pressure for Mark & Team, but I would definitely bought you a “Cup-of-Coffee” for this one!

February 1, 2017 at 10:14 pm

• Marilyn
    Senior Member 105 points

Glad you got it worked out.

For me, I use the: “Design Setup / Color Tool” that PP comes with to change most colors. Beyond that I don’t know much CSS so I bought CSSHero. But it has to be ON for the changes to stay, but they do provide the code which you can copy and paste into the Custom CSS area so you can turn it off. I have a bit of a hard time finding the right things to change with CSSHero, I use the trial and error method. LOL

February 1, 2017 at 10:41 pm
  • marty
    marty
    Newbie 18 points

Marilyn,
    If you use chrome and use right click “element” you will see all the coding behind the site and specific area. If you find the “class” of a certain area, you can literally copy and past it in the custom css of PremiumPress.
    The only thing you have to do than is change the font, color, size or whatever.

However: Out of my experience: Trial & Error works also great, because you keep learning!

Good luck!

February 1, 2017 at 10:51 pm
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team