Child Theme Installation

• rie
    Newbie 13 points
    February 19, 2020 at 12:36 pm

Hello,

When trying to activate a child theme, it will show:

‘Something went wrong.
    The requested theme does not exist.’

If I go back and try to activate it again, it will appear as uninstalled. After trying to install it again, it will show an error because the folder of the child theme is already present. Deleting the folder and trying to install again gives me the same result. Trying to install any other child theme shows the same behavior.

I tried to change from PHP 7.3 to 7.2, but the result is the same.

The error logs – which I don’t know if it’s related to the error being reported here shows the following lines:

2020-02-19 12:16:07.054094 [NOTICE] [1657965] [54.36.150.86:47136-1>2001:lsapi] [STDERR] PHP Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-bulk-upgrader-skin.php on line 152

2020-02-19 12:16:20.596489 [NOTICE] [1657965] [54.36.150.86:47136-1>2001:lsapi] [STDERR] PHP Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-bulk-upgrader-skin.php on line 152

• rie
    Newbie 13 points
    February 19, 2020 at 8:23 pm

On another subject. I’m not able to create a ticket in the support system. I tried to recover the password, and it says ‘e-mail address’ not found. I tried to create a new forum post to avoid going off-topic for this thread, and I was unable to find the button for it either.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 21, 2020 at 12:17 pm

The ticket desk and account desk login is different, your tickets create a special login so you can access it via email.

The error in your email is coming from something called “class-bulk-upgrader-skin.pp”- it’s not a PPT file.
    Because you’ve got warnings turn on in your security and the error is displaying a message your headers will sent already so you’ll get that message. Try turning of PHP error display and it should work ok.

• rie
    Newbie 13 points
    February 21, 2020 at 2:08 pm

> The ticket desk and account desk login is different, your tickets create a special login so you can access it via email.

Something went wrong during the account creating. I had to contact someone in the live chat. I received a URL to create a ticket without logging in. Only then, the account was created, and only from that moment forward, I didn’t have any additional issues.

In case anyone else has the same issue, use this URL to create the first ticket using the same email address to create the account:

http://s.premiumpress.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit

• rie
    Newbie 13 points
    February 21, 2020 at 2:08 pm

> The error in your email is coming from something called “class-bulk-upgrader-skin.pp”- it’s not a PPT file.

I’m confused about what you wrote.

I didn’t say it was a PPT file in the first place. It’s a PHP file, not a PPT. Neither I mentioned I received anything in my email.

It was merely showing within the error_log. We have the option to record all php errors within the error_log — as it should be. If that option in PHP is turned off, it doesn’t mean the errors don’t continue to exist. That’s not a “security feature”. And the “PHP error display” (showing the error in the browser) is already turned off. The webpages are opening correctly so far, and that error didn’t appear anymore, which means – probably – it’s not related to the automated child theme installation.

We found out it was possible to install the child theme manually by downloading it from your website. Downloading and uploading the child theme worked just fine. The automated installation is what seems to be bugged for the moment. As described above. Everything else seems to be working out just fine.

• rie
    Newbie 13 points
    February 21, 2020 at 2:11 pm

One more thing. When you log in to the members area, and when you eventually go back to the website (outside the members area) and click on the members area button again, it will ask for your credentials to log in over and over again — despite the fact, the cookie wordpress_logged_in already exists.

Instead of clicking the members area button, open premiumpress.com/account/ directly in the browser, and it will open the members area without asking you to log in once again.

When you click on the Members Area button, it will forward you always premiumpress.com/wp-login.php, and this webpage is not taking into consideration if you are already logged in or not.

Cheers

• rie
    Newbie 13 points
    February 21, 2020 at 2:13 pm

P.S.: I divided the text into 3 posts because I didn’t know what was wrong in the first place. Apparently the forum is rejecting special characters or multiple URLs.

And BTW: The Edit button doesn’t work.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 21, 2020 at 8:58 pm

Hi Rie – thanks, im aware of the edit bug, the new BBpress update has knocked out a few things. Ill have this updated tomorrow.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    February 21, 2020 at 9:01 pm

Hi Rie, i read through your posts – I just wanted to check – is everything now working ok with your child themes?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes