Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Terrell

Can you help me place Ad blocks using Elementor?

I’m using CHILD – 8 Dir Theme. Directory Theme Version: 9.4.3 I used Elementor to help build my Home Page. I would like to add a Sellspace controlled header ad and footer ad. There's no shortcode for the different sellspace ad sizes (right?). There's also no widget in Elementor for different sellspace ad sizes (right?). How do I add a Sellspace Header Ad and Sellspace Footer Ad using Elementor?

Created: June 1, 2020 at 4:28 pm

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 2, 2020 at 2:58 am

“There’s no shortcode for the different sellspace ad sizes (right?).”

Correct.

“There’s also no widget in Elementor for different sellspace ad sizes (right?).”

Correct.

“How do I add a Sellspace Header Ad and Sellspace Footer Ad using Elementor?”

I don’t believe it’s possible without a custom solution and make manual changes to various files.

• Terrell
    Terrell
    June 2, 2020 at 3:43 am

Where do I find the code for the different sellspace ad sizes? I don’t mind hacking out a custom solution myself if I have to (or at least try to).

• Marie
    Marie
    June 5, 2020 at 10:16 am

hi Terrell

try checking the file framework\admin\templates\admin-19-sellspace.php

• EvieB
    EvieB
    June 7, 2020 at 2:01 am

Hi Terrell

I was just thinking of doing something similar myself because not all the sell space examples display as they should or don’t display to my satisfaction (eg. no space afterwards making it look squashed with the following widget).

I was thinking of simply turning show example banner off and instead using a custom html widget that hyperlinks an example banner to the advertising page. Wouldn’t that work?

• Terrell
    Terrell
    June 7, 2020 at 5:55 am

First – Thanks Marie! I will go there now.
    Second – EvieB – It seems like if you want to use the built-in SellSpace ad system, you need to include their original code, not custom HTML. If you just want to run a fixed ad, your solution seems right, but in order to sell more than one ad for the same space and used the built-in billing system, it seems like you would want to use the original theme code.

• EvieB
    EvieB
    June 8, 2020 at 12:46 am

True Terrell. Or you could setup an ad for each ad type for Admin using the example banners in the banner campaign…

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments