Business Directory Theme

• Francois
    Francois
    Newbie 33 points
    September 15, 2016 at 7:26 am

May I ask what happened to the old Business Directory Theme? There were Directory Theme and Business Directory, but I see that Business Directory disappeared. Any reason why? See Attachment “Business-1”

I preferred the Business Directory above the normal Directory Theme for various reasons.

• I can’t update my current theme which is build on Business Directory which means the website will need to be redesigned to Directory Theme – see attachment “Business-Theme”
    • I preferred the Business Directory Theme’s Listing Layout which showed more info about the listing like location, phone etc… The current Directory theme only shows the Category which is kind of stupid considering people might be listed in various categories. People would rather see the location than the category, and as I said, a listing could be connected to more than one category – see attachment “Business-2”

Kind Regards
    Francois

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    September 15, 2016 at 7:37 am

Business Theme and Directory theme were same theme with just different name and different default design. Directory theme can be designed as like default business theme design and vice-versa.

You can update the core theme, by using a child theme and retaining the old theme files for layout.

• Francois
    Francois
    Newbie 33 points
    September 15, 2016 at 7:59 am

Thanks for the reply, but they don’t seem to be the same.

I have no option to Update the Theme – see attachment “BT”. Still on version 8 and no update option. Yes, I know I can remove the theme and install the Directory Theme manually, but it’s going to scramble the design.

The current Child theme used does not exits anymore either, and the new Directory Theme, all layouts and child themes shows only the Category – see attachment “Category”, and as I mentioned it’s kind of a waste to show a Category as a listing is usually linked to more than one Category. It would be better to have location and phone there for example. I suppose it automatically takes the first category selected when adding the listing. Now it shows “Construction” category for example, but my listing is listed under “Construction, Electrical, Flooring, Paving, Plumbing etc…”

Kind Regards
    Francois

Attachments:
  • Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    September 15, 2016 at 8:01 am

Do you see updated theme on your PremiumPress account ?

• Hemanta Chakladar
    Hemanta Chakladar
    Super Guru 1,710 points
    September 15, 2016 at 8:09 am

Thanks for the reply, but they don’t seem to be the same.

Yes, they don’t seem, but they are based on same theme with difference in just 1 file.

I have no option to Update the Theme – see attachment “BT”. Still on version 8 and no update option. Yes, I know I can remove the theme and install the Directory Theme manually, but it’s going to scramble the design.

There is no option means, it may not has been updated. Or this particular theme discontinued. Still you can replace this theme with directory theme. If you know which file is required for what design. And design may change in few place, just simple CSS is fine to adjust those.

The current Child theme used does not exits anymore either, and the new Directory Theme, all layouts and child themes shows only the Category – see attachment “Category”, and as I mentioned it’s kind of a waste to show a Category as a listing is usually linked to more than one Category. It would be better to have location and phone there for example. I suppose it automatically takes the first category selected when adding the listing. Now it shows “Construction” category for example, but my listing is listed under “Construction, Electrical, Flooring, Paving, Plumbing etc…”

Child theme is no required to exist with premiumpress website. We can make our own child theme, its just collection of few file. What I mean is keep the required file in a child theme and than replace the theme with directory theme.

• Francois
    Francois
    Newbie 33 points
    September 15, 2016 at 8:10 am

yes, I do but I can’t update the theme from the WordPress backend as explained on the attachment.

As I mentioned before, I will need to remove the old theme manually and install the new version which scrambles the site.

Will do a manual update later today and post the website’s before and after here so that you can see the difference.

Kind Regards
    Francois

Attachments:

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 15, 2016 at 12:36 pm

Hello Francois,
    The differences between the 2 themes is purely cosmetic i.e. the Business Directory theme is just the WordPress Directory Theme with a different frontend layout.

Steps to update manually:
    1. Please create a backup for your site database and files first before doing any updates (themes or wordpress)
    2. Please login to: https://www.premiumpress.com/account/ then download the latest version.
    3. Login to your FTP or file manager on your cpanel hosting and go to the wp-content/themes folder and rename the old main theme folder.
    4. Please login to your wordpress dashboard > Appearance > And upload the new theme and Activate
    5. Done.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes