WordPress Business Themes › Forums › General Discussion › Amazon S3
Can file paths be set to store all site & user media files on Amazon S3 instead of the local server? I tried to set it up but it gives me an error!
1. Can it be done?
2. If yes … please provide a set of sample settings & instructions
Doubt if they would allow a constant connection. If that’s what you mean.
Dynamic PHP website hosting on limited domain dedicated servers.
First month free, bring a buddy and get another free month of high performance
Dedicated Linux servers from 15€uro a month.
PremmiumPress Theming service, quick turnaround. ( Free hosting for clients ).
Specialising in ShopperPress.
Hi David, thanks.
I want to store all user-images off-site to ease up server-load.
– the hosting server must handle the website/database
– off-site storage (ie. AmazonS3) must handle media serving.
Am I on the right track?
Any other suggestions?
I’m not an expert at this.
– Anybody else experienced?
So whenever a user or yourself added some media, picture etc it would have to connect to Amazon S3 upload and then serve it back to your site, would probably slow things down rather than speed things up I would have thought.
Why exactly would you want to do this Henk?
A decent dedicated would be able to handle the load anyway.
1. When my Registered Users submit/upload image files I want it to be stored not on my my server but on my AmazonS3 server space.
2. When a Visitor views listings/articles the heavy image-files & video-files get served directly from Amazon (or the MaxCDN network). This is a very standard way of streaming media-files to ease server load.
Well if it’s possible I am sure someone will have the answer for you. The paths for the S3 media storage should not be a problem but you would need some custom code for connecting to your S3 account added within DP. Put it on the job board and see what comes up.
Thanks Dave. Will look into the Jobs Board as suggested. Cheers
Submit your feature requests to our ideas board and it could be included in a future theme update.
or contact our support team