Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

AirBnB style Venue Site

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 160 points
    July 1, 2018 at 3:40 pm

I am looking to set up a airbnb sale site for venues, however unsure which is the best theme to do this with, and it it is possible.

The real estate theme seems to be the closest as you can search via rooms etc, can these parts be changed to other things?

Has anyone set anything like this up before?

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 1, 2018 at 6:00 pm

It might be a great idea for a new theme, what sort of features would it need?

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 160 points
    July 1, 2018 at 8:14 pm

I was looking at doing this for conference venues, so, number of conference rooms, number of people it can cater for, features, such as catering, projector screen, bar.

It would then be great to search by location, type, number of people and maybe budget. So not to disimiler to the real estate theme.

An AirBnb style theme with these features, or details that can be added to suit what you are listing would be great.

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 160 points
    July 3, 2018 at 5:14 pm

Something like this with the above features would be perfect – https://themeforest.net/item/listingpro-multipurpose-directory-theme/19386460

• Liz
    Liz
    Elite Member 442 points
    July 5, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Great Idea, as what you are suggesting would also work for wedding venues and 21st events.
    Club venues and all sorts.

• Mike
    Mike
    Senior Member 160 points
    July 8, 2018 at 1:44 pm

What do you think Mark? Likely to create something like this? If so what would the timeline be?

Could do with something like this now.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    July 8, 2018 at 4:01 pm

Yes this sounds like something i would like to create, I cannot give a timeline just yet, i want to make sure everything is updated with existing products first.

• Gina
    Gina
    Newbie 1 points
    May 28, 2019 at 5:10 pm

I’m interested if this went anywhere? We are looking for a theme that also lists venues in our case, festivals, fairs, expos etc.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,822 points
    September 5, 2019 at 4:48 am

Hi Gina,

Unfortunately we haven’t managed to start work on this idea, with current theme updates and child theme development we’ve had our hands full.

If we do manage to squeeze in time for this theme we’ll let you know via our blog.

Have a great week.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)