LIMITED OFFER: Save $200 Today! - Get All Themes For $199 -- Learn More

Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

advice from others

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points
    December 8, 2017 at 7:01 am

what do others do for payment processor for an auction site..I find paypal way too much..but its prob safest…I would like people to be able to pay with credit cards…I think its crazy that paypal wants 4% basically for mine and others work (per purchase)..that is gross…any answers are appreciated…Thanks all in advance!

Cheers
    Ian

• JamesD
    JamesD
    Super Guru 1,354 points
    December 8, 2017 at 11:55 pm

Hello Julian,

As far as payment processors in general…
    Overall the fees/prices for payment processing services will vary and you’ll find most within the same “general” cost range (yes, there can be crazy costs).

Unless you have a merchant account (which also has its own set of fees) then you’re kinda stuck with finding the “lesser of the evils” of them. Find one that can provide/handle everything you need (i.e. works with PP, handles subscriptions, taxes/VAT, coupons…etc) for the price you feel is acceptable. (Which can be difficult as you may have already found out.)

I don’t think PayPal is the worst, but they have their own issues like the others. They make it relatively simple to add various payment options/methods. They’ve also been around long enough to know they shouldn’t be disappearing tomorrow.

I personally think the majority of these types of services are vultures and shouldn’t charge some of the crazy fees just because they can, but in the end, we still end up needing them.

Another thing to keep in mind is you may need to find a solution to integrate the processor with PP if there isn’t already something available.

Sorry, nothing specific to the Auction theme.

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.

• Julian
    Newbie 90 points
    December 9, 2017 at 7:30 am

thanks…I guess you are just re enforcing what I know..I wanted to chatge ppl only 3 -4 percent but I cant.. due to PayPal being 4 its self..they make more than I would…lol..Im gonna see what my own bank can do…but thanks very much for the input and time!

Ian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)