Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Activating Banner-ad

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 4, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I want to display a banner-ad in the banner-section (next to the logo) but the space is occupied by #menubar menu, so when activating the banner-ad it does not display. Can someone please tell me how to remove the menu (which I don’t want) and replace it with the banner-ad?
    I am using the “Default (DirectoryPress Theme) 7.1.4

Thanks

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 5, 2013 at 4:43 am

Someone please … ?

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points
    July 5, 2013 at 5:11 am

If it’s not an established site you could just change the theme, or use the footer and side bars for ads. Maybe look in header.php and see what can be done.

• Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 5, 2013 at 5:20 am

David, thank you for helping out. Sounds like it’s a bit of a workaround then. I just figured that there had to be a way seeing the “enable banner-ad” feature is built into the theme. Great. At least I know now and can move on. Cheers man …

• David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points
    July 5, 2013 at 5:37 am

Yes, bit of an oversight I guess for that particular choice of theme, with a bit of html you can put one anywhere I suppose, like drop the header a bit and put another block at the top for banners etc. It’s just not an out of the box click here to activate thing though. :)

Btw, if you don’t need the menu there I suppose it can be removed. What will you use for a menu then? Is there another below or above that can be activated.

There are menu plugins you can use if you search on codecanyon etc.

Where there is a will there is a way. :)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by David Harris David Harris.
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points
    July 5, 2013 at 6:14 am

I have activated the option to hide the “search” and rather show the menu in the submenu-bar. I am doing only advanced search in the left-margin. Thanks for helping out … 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)