Activating Banner-ad

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Activating Banner-ad

Activating Banner-ad

July 4, 2013
Henk Henk
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points

I want to display a banner-ad in the banner-section (next to the logo) but the space is occupied by #menubar menu, so when activating the banner-ad it does not display. Can someone please tell me how to remove the menu (which I don’t want) and replace it with the banner-ad?
    I am using the “Default (DirectoryPress Theme) 7.1.4

Thanks

July 4, 2013 at 12:49 pm
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points

Someone please … ?

July 5, 2013 at 4:43 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

If it’s not an established site you could just change the theme, or use the footer and side bars for ads. Maybe look in header.php and see what can be done.

July 5, 2013 at 5:11 am
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points

David, thank you for helping out. Sounds like it’s a bit of a workaround then. I just figured that there had to be a way seeing the “enable banner-ad” feature is built into the theme. Great. At least I know now and can move on. Cheers man …

July 5, 2013 at 5:20 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

Yes, bit of an oversight I guess for that particular choice of theme, with a bit of html you can put one anywhere I suppose, like drop the header a bit and put another block at the top for banners etc. It’s just not an out of the box click here to activate thing though. :)

Btw, if you don’t need the menu there I suppose it can be removed. What will you use for a menu then? Is there another below or above that can be activated.

There are menu plugins you can use if you search on codecanyon etc.

Where there is a will there is a way. :)

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by David Harris David Harris.
    July 5, 2013 at 5:37 am
  • Henk
    Henk
    Senior Member 279 points

I have activated the option to hide the “search” and rather show the menu in the submenu-bar. I am doing only advanced search in the left-margin. Thanks for helping out … 😉

July 5, 2013 at 6:14 am
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team