8.5 AT Issues

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 7, 2015 at 6:58 pm

Hi, I just updated to 8.5 on the auction theme and I have a few issues with the update.

First, is there a way to stop the 3 new tabs that appear with the search bar in Top navigation. I have chosen top navigation, logo and search and I get unwanted tabs of message, bids & won?

Also where is the listing packages selection page disappeared to? I prefer a user to select the package from a table rather than over in the left hand column on the ‘add listing’ page. Can there be an option for this?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 7, 2015 at 7:03 pm

I also believe this tooltip to be incorrect?

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 8, 2015 at 1:31 am

Hi Frank

1. Ill add an on/off option in the next update, you can remove it from the functions.php in the file;

templates/template_auction_theme/

2. Iv included the old layout for listings page, you can edit the listing page in your WP admin and select the old page template.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 8, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Hi Mark,

thanks for your response.

Yes an option to remove it would be good. After a bit of experimenting though I have found that, especially on the AT, it is required somewhere easily view-able by the user. It can be used as an instant notification for to tell people of Wins and Messages etc… Also maybe you could implement another tab, or notification, for items sold? When a user sales an item I noticed the site doesn’t really tell the person they have sold something (apart from the email setup).

I can’t find where I have the option to change back to the old style, where is that?

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 8, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Also, maybe, you could implement other ways in which those tabs can be displayed.
    Within top nav maybe?

Another thing… (when logged in) a constantly available ‘Notification’ tab in top nav. I noticed that the notification tab appears and then disappears again.

Just a thought.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 8, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Is this the option for the old style (attached) as when I change that from what I can see nothing is affected on my site?

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 9, 2015 at 5:16 am

no this is only for the new one, this doesnt affect the old style.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 9, 2015 at 5:04 pm

Ok, so how can I get back the old style?

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    September 9, 2015 at 5:46 pm

If the auction theme is similar to the DT in 8.5 you probably can activate the old style in general setup = page setup and turn on Home Page Editor to the right of page.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 9, 2015 at 8:31 pm

@Errol

That’s just to edit the home page isn’t it?

I am trying to get back the ‘add-listing’ page where a user has a large table to chose a package from, in 8.5 that changed and packages are now selected differently (left column on page where user fills out item details). I prefer the table of packages.

• Errol
    Errol
    Super Guru 2,708 points
    September 9, 2015 at 10:47 pm

Hi, I just updated to 8.5 on the auction theme and I have a few issues with the update.

What version did you upgrade from May I ask? According to the following blog post update was only to be from 8.4 to 8.5 or for new install – all other version from 8.3 and below should not update until a stable version is release sometime in the near future… https://www.premiumpress.com/blog/premiumpress-framework-update-8-48-5/

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 10, 2015 at 12:13 am

edit the add listing page in the admin and under page template select the old add listing one.

• Frank
    Frank
    Newbie 14 points
    September 10, 2015 at 3:50 pm

Thank you Mark I now have back the old style.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes