an
groups-icon

WP All Import – Make+Model Taxonomy

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Frank Okemwa
    -1 points
    Beginner

I am trying to upload 6000 listings to my site, but getting problems with the Make+Model taxonomy. After uploading I notice that WP All Import creates additional Models.

The Car Dealer Make+Model taxonomy follows that you have 2 parent taxonomies (i.e. Make and Model). Then under Models, you list the Make as a parent and the Model as a child of the Make. If I may;

PROBLEM – 1
    – Make
    – BMW
    – Model
    — BMW
    —– 320I
    —– 330D
    —– 520D

This is not actually correct since you end up having BMW, BMW 320I instead of BMW 320I. Anyway, this is not my issue, just thought I’d mention in this case. Furthermore, if works well and presents the details properly then cool.

My problem is that, when uploading content with WP All Import, by following this structure, I end up with the Make being included in the Model as appears in the attached image (disregard Make).

PROBLEM – 2
    – Make
    – BMW
    – Model
    – 320I
    – 330D
    – 520D

If I decide to add listings using the structure above (as should be), I end up with so many other Models with their own unique slugs. The upload is supposed to add the CSV Models into the already existing Models, but instead creates its own additional models. As a result I end up having hundreds of X3’s under my Model taxonomy in the database. Seems like the

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 21, 2015 at 5:54 pm
  • Frank Okemwa
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    February 24, 2015 at 4:10 am
  • Frank Okemwa
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    February 25, 2015 at 12:30 pm

Views

Replies