Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
Monique

widget most popular listing

Hello I should like to display a widget with the 5 most popular listings So i've tried "meta_key=hits&order=desc" in Custom Query But i don't get the 5 mosts hits Please can you help me Thanks

Created: July 25, 2013 at 4:31 am

• Ian
    Ian
    January 22, 2014 at 9:52 pm

but I can’t figure out a way to get a drop-down in the widget admin that will show, and allow me to select, a single Product Category (meaning custom taxonomy). I can get WP native categories, but that does me no good.

Which widget are you talking about?

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    January 22, 2014 at 10:05 pm

what theme are you on? responsive or v7? it is slightly different.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    January 22, 2014 at 10:28 pm

Well, I’m talking about whatever Malgorzata is talking about, which it seems is the built-in Ppress widget. It sounds like he’s saying that you can just enter sort parameters into that and get a Top Rated sidebar widget. As I said, I have the Responsive Shopping Cart theme, version 5.7. I want a sidebar widget to give me top rated items within a certain product manager category, which is a custom taxonomy.

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    January 22, 2014 at 10:59 pm

by item # or post #, however you have set up your cameras and other items’

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    January 22, 2014 at 11:10 pm

Cameras is a Product Manager Category (which is a custom taxonomy). It’s not an item or post. I don’t want to manually place individual items in the sidebar. I want a widget that shows top rated cameras, then another widget that shows top rated DVD players, etc.

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    January 22, 2014 at 11:18 pm

Widget have certain capabilities. A query has to be put in to give the results one wants. For most of us it is on a ‘try basis’, because everyone wants something different.
    The theme has build in capabilities: show listings A-z, Z-a,(ASC, DESC), by featured or by a query one makes.
    It can be by item#, ID#, listing#; everyone has a different set up, some want to show one item, some several and a different bandage has to be applied.
    Within this 4 pages of posts related to the same issue, there are several options how to set a query – now try yourself different options and see what works.
    It is hard to say, since everyone’s set up varies.
    It may be that none of the options will work, than either you accept it or will have to hire someone who know technical staff.
    You can search other widgets on WordPress or buy one from Code Canyon. Who knows.
    I don’t. I’m learning, just as you do.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    January 22, 2014 at 11:53 pm

I’m not actually seeing any PPress widget in my widget area. Are you talking about just using a WordPress text widget? I thought I saw one in a previous theme version, but I don’t see it now.

ANYWAY, suppose I did have a widget that would accept such a query (I mean one using a PPress custom taxonony/category).

How would I structure the query? If I have this: post_type=listing_type&posts_per_page=5&orderby=starrating

and I want to specify a Product Manager category, what would I modify? I think WP knows the Ppress categories as “products” when referred to as a group, but then does each category of products have an ID I could add?

Sorry if I’m being too insistent. I’ve been researching this for months and have tried to hire several people to make it happen for me, but to no avail. I have to keep trying.

Thanks, Jennifer

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    January 23, 2014 at 12:01 am

PS- I think it was called WLT Widget when I saw it before, but I’m not 100% sure. Is this a separate download? I don’t see it in the recommended plugins area either.

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    January 23, 2014 at 12:02 am

See attached from Directory Press Responsive

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    January 23, 2014 at 12:04 am

The theme costs $79 or $99, some options may not be available, some things are related to WordPress not to theme. Sometimes one just have to give up. Check in WordPress or Code canyon if there is a widget that will show items by ranking. There are some out there for sure.

• Malgorzata
    Malgorzata
    January 23, 2014 at 12:17 am

send a support ticket and have them check it for you; disable all plugins!

• Ian
    Ian
    January 23, 2014 at 12:33 am

The widgets from PP have the triangle in front of the name – they used to have WLT until a recent WP update

• Jennifer
    Jennifer
    January 23, 2014 at 12:44 am

Thanks Ian, that was the key. Jennifer

• Ian
    Ian
    January 23, 2014 at 12:45 am

Use the > Recent Listings widget

post_type=product_type&product=cameras&meta_key=starrating&orderby=meta_value&order=desc

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments