Chrisotpher

Visit Website not directing to the website entered in the listing

I hate creating new posts as most problems already have a solution from a previous post, but I have looked through as many as I can find and can't find the solution here. I have a custom field set up in the listing setup for a web link. It was actually already added in the december theme I am using. When a new listing is created, the web link option shows up in listing details. HOWEVER, once the list is set up and you click on the view website, it redirects to a url similar to this: https://www.localvalues.com/out/72/url/ instead of the url in the listing. What am I missing? I have a similar problem that may be related when you click on one of the social media icons. It goes to this url: https://www.localvalues.com/##

Created: February 25, 2016 at 11:41 pm
  • In: Directory Theme
  • Started by: Chrisotpher
  • 4 members left 5 comments
  • Last reply from: AmyAmy

• Clive
    Clive
    February 26, 2016 at 4:06 am

You’ll need to use the built-in Website custom field within the theme if you want things to work correctly. Else, you’ll need to do some custom coding to make it work.

Did you definitely download the theme from here? If your website is linking to strange domains like: there is a strong chance your theme may be infected.

HTH 🙂

• Chrisotpher
    February 26, 2016 at 3:58 pm

I definitely downloaded the theme from here. While always possible, it is highly unlikely my site is infected as I am the only one that has access to it and it is only been up for a couple days. Also, I used the custom web link built into the theme. There has to be something else on the backend that I am missing.

• Josh
    February 26, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Hello Chrisotpher,
    Try creating a new custom field with database key as check your url,it should be not
    For social links go to Theme Setup >Settings >Footer >Social Buttons and replace ## with your social media links

• Chrisotpher
    February 26, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Adding the full URL fixed the issue with social media, but not with the visit website link in the listing itself. As a trouble shooting measure, I deleted the custom url field. When I looked at the listing details both on the admin side and the user side the option to add a website is gone, HOWEVER, the visit website button is still on the page if you just browse to it from my site. As an example

Shouldn’t the visit website button have dissapeared?

• Amy
    Amy
    April 14, 2016 at 12:36 pm

I’m having the same problem, as Christopher said the details web link option works but not the Visit Website link. I receive the error message “404 Not Found. The resource requested could not be found on this server!”

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)