'View website' button

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

'View website' button

June 7, 2014
Radek Radek
  • Radek
    Radek
    Newbie 3 points

Hello,

I’m trying to find the feature which automatically placed ‘visit website’ button on each listing directly on the homepage. In the old version of directory it was located in display settings / search/listing page as ‘view website’ link. Here in the new version is the website link buried three clicks away in the ‘details’ column. Am I missing something or is was this feature scrapped on purpose? The current state makes it kinda awkward for my purposes (being mainly website directory).

Thanks,
    Radek

June 7, 2014 at 4:28 pm
  • zarko
    zarko
    Senior Member 360 points

hi Radek,

If you are referring to item view, you can change this from Page Setup > Content Pages > Search Results Layout.

You can format link nicely using code like:
    <a href="[URL]" class="btn btn-primary">Visit Website</a>

June 7, 2014 at 10:52 pm
    This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Harry
    Harry
    Senior Member 135 points

Hi Zarko,

Added the code suggested – is this meant to add a button? If so its not working for me. Here is the code on my search results page.

[IMAGE]<div class=”caption”><h1>[TITLE]</h1><div class=”details”><span class=”tagline”>[tagline]</span><br /><div class=”hidden_details”>[EXCERPT]</div></div></div>Visit Website

Still shows as

Visit Link Here

June 7, 2014 at 11:57 pm
  • Harry
    Harry
    Senior Member 135 points

@Zarko,

Forget last post. Placed code in search result layout – actually want the VISIT WEBSITE button on listing page layout – details.

On the Search Result page, when I placed the code (revised to MORE DETAILS) the button link appears, but returns a Page not found error when clicked. (Sorry forgot to take screen and quickly deleted coding as site is live).

Any ideas how to fix so button appears and links to listing page still works?

June 8, 2014 at 12:30 am
  • Radek
    Radek
    Newbie 3 points

Hmm, will that work in the same manner as it works here: http://uselitecoin.com ? Here’s how it used to work in the older template settings (at the bottom left): http://i.imgur.com/Cnvu0f8.jpg

June 8, 2014 at 5:52 pm
  • Donna
    Donna
    Newbie 33 points

Did this ever get resolved? I have used the code above (the one awarded best answer) and it gives me the greatly missed button. However, it returns a page not found.

I’d start a new topic but the code used is in this one and I’m hoping to get the attention of the person who posted the code. :)

Thanks in advance

Donna
    x-

July 5, 2014 at 9:30 am
  • JD
    JD
    Newbie 47 points

I’m having the same issue. The code above does not work correctly. It ads a class and the link looks like this

http://example.com/listing/%3Cspan%20class=%27wlt_shortcode_Download%27%3Ehttps://www.example.com/gld/%3C/span%3E

Can you please tell me how I can fix this?

August 7, 2014 at 12:29 am
  • Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points

Hi guys, all you have to do is change the [URL] to [url] and it should work.

[code title=””]Visit Website[/code]

Cheers!

September 1, 2014 at 3:31 am
  • Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points
    September 1, 2014 at 3:37 am
  • Mick
    Mick
    Newbie 57 points

Just change [URL to [url] and it will work.

Sorry about the 2 previous posts, I tried to post the entire code but it did not work.

Use the code that Zorko has shared and change the URL to lower case url and it will work.

September 1, 2014 at 3:44 am
  • Mr
    Mr
    Titan 708 points

One of the reason is because the website custom field uses a different database keyword. Maybe it’s something like “website” or “site”. It should be replaced with “url”.

PetMaterial.com | Premium Plugins and Custom Theme Design

September 1, 2014 at 4:46 am
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team