Users' Added Listings Not Viewable By ADMIN & Other USERS

• Grace
    Grace
    Newbie 8 points
    June 26, 2016 at 3:46 pm

I have signed up separate accounts as a USER/SUBSCRIBER to test the ADD LISTING feature.
    When I signed in as ADMINISTRATOR, I can’t view the SUBSCRIBERS listings.

> I’M PREVENTED ACCESS (View) FROM USER/SUBSCRIBERS’ LISTING. I suppose, administrator should automatically be able to access (View) everyone’s listings. (Even If I Delete All LISTING Packages & All MEMBERSHIP Packages, I still don’t get access).

OTHER SUBSCRIBERS/USERS are not also able to view ADDED LISTING by other users as tested.

I would appreciate if anyone could help.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    June 27, 2016 at 10:42 am

Hello Grace,
    First you must have atleast one Membership Package for the theme to work correctly otherwise no user can access any listing.
    If you have not assigned admin any Membership Package then they can access any listing package (but remember you must have atleast one Membership Package)

• Grace
    Grace
    Newbie 8 points
    June 27, 2016 at 4:33 pm

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot that you took time to reply to my post. I appreciate it a very much. It solved one thing – ADMIN is now able to view subscribers listing but I did not expect to manually assign a package to it.

Here’s what I expect and what I want to implement to my websites:

1.) Only FREE Listing (at the moment). [Already created]
    2.) Only FREE Membership Package (at the moment). [Already created]
    3.) I want everyone to be able to VIEW ALL LISTINGS without being manually assigned a membership package. There should be a straightforward selection to do this that automatically assigning them to whatever membership level they choose once they register. It’s just a pain to manually assigned each subscriber, as well as having them see restricted access.

Even the Listing Package and the Membership are already set to FREE Listing/Membership, other USER accounts that I created to test ADD LISTING feature are still restricted access unless manually assigned a package.

4.) Also, I want everyone who visits my websites (without need for registration as user) should be able to view all listings, without being restricted (that include visitors), NOT only the registered users. I cannot just seem to figure out where are the settings for these.

BOTTOM LINE: I want all LISTINGS BE VIEWABLE to all (Registered users or VISITORS)

Would appreciate a reply.

Thanks again,

Grace

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    June 27, 2016 at 4:57 pm

You don’t have to manually assign users Membership Packages.Go to Listing Setup >Membership Packages >Extra Settings and select where you want your Membership Package displayed:
    -Show On Submission -To display in Add Listing Page (You must enable Pricing Table for this to work Listing Setup >Settings >Listing Setup Options >Display Options >Pricing Table)
    -Show On Registration -To display in registration page

If you want users to post listings using Membership Package then you must assign the Membership Package a Listing Package.Basically Membership Package allows users to post more than one Listing.
    So in your case create 2 Listing Package.One for the free posting you mentioned above.Then hide the other which you will assign to your Free Membership Package.

Please view the video tutorials >> https://www.youtube.com/user/premiumpressvideos/videos

This reply was awarded the best answer by the topic poster.
  • Grace
    Grace
    Newbie 8 points
    June 28, 2016 at 12:48 am

Hi Josh, Thanks a lot for all your assistance. Helped me a lot. Cheers!

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    June 28, 2016 at 9:02 am

You’re welcome Grace 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes