User being asked to pay again when still months to run on their subscription

• Richard
    Richard
    Senior Member 163 points
    October 9, 2015 at 11:54 am

Has anyone come across this before? It seems that upon a user editing an existing listing they are being asked to pay again even though there are still months to run on their subscription.

I’ve tried turning off all plugins to no effect. Is there possibly a setting I’m missing somewhere…?

Thanks

Richard

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 11, 2015 at 2:32 pm

Hello Richard,
    I think you should open a ticket

• Richard
    Richard
    Senior Member 163 points
    October 12, 2015 at 12:14 pm

Hi Josh – I already had as it happens. Still, I resolved it myself in the end.

The problem lay with a url in a text area field. For some reason the system strongly objected to it and re-directed to a payment page without saving any changes. As soon as I removed the url everything worked as normal. Weird though….

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    October 12, 2015 at 12:40 pm

Glad you solved it Richard.Thanks for sharing 🙂

• Will
    Will
    Newbie 59 points
    October 12, 2015 at 3:10 pm

would you mind posting a code example (for us not-so-techy guys)

many thanks

• Richard
    Richard
    Senior Member 163 points
    October 13, 2015 at 9:45 am

Hi Will – there’s no code involved. Any listing is populated with fields, some of which you’ll create yourself. In one of those fields (a section to my clients) someone had entered text referring to a hotel and then in brackets following entered something like (www.somehotel.com). I tried stripping out the www bit but it made no difference, for some reason the field just doesn’t like urls.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes