JANUARY SALE: Directory Theme Now Only $49 -- Learn More

Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Upgraded from 9.1.5 to 9.1.6 – All Listing Links Broken

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 2, 2018 at 9:51 pm

Since updating the theme, I have noticed that all the coupon code / offer links are coming out as “undefined”.

out/undefined/link/

and

/?__sid=undefined

I made a clone of the production site again and made an update again oin a different server and I’m getting similar results. Coupon Code links aren’t going to the actual store, just reloading the same page.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,899 points
    July 2, 2018 at 11:44 pm

Send a ticket and I’ll check for you.

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 3, 2018 at 1:54 am

Sent a ticket.

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 3, 2018 at 9:14 am

A fresh install on another domain does pretty much the same…

http://strong.deals/store/gourmetgiftbaskets/

When you click SHOW COUPON it just returns and ?sid=undefined string instead of opening the affiliate link.

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 3, 2018 at 9:27 am

Basically, the previous default child theme, which is the one I was working on and presumably quite a few others, no longer functions with this theme.

• Astrid
    Astrid
    Senior Member 128 points
    July 3, 2018 at 9:34 am

I have a similar thing.
    When you click on ‘Visit Store’, you are sent to the ‘This page is broken’ page.
    I included 2 images which shows you the problem
    In image 1 you see that the link it is going to send you is all wrong. It is my websitelink and then also the link to the store.
    For example: my website is Coolekorting.nl and the store you want to go to is smulze.nl. The link created is now http://www.coolekorting.nl/www.smulze.nl.
    In image 2 you can see where the link http://www.smulze.nl comes from.
    Shouldn’t there be an affiliate link instead of the ‘normal’ store link? This way I will not get commission when the button ‘Bezoek Webwinkel’ (Visit Store) is used.
    I cannot seem to add another attachment with this comment.
    Attachment Image2 I will add on another comment.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Astrid
    Astrid
    Senior Member 128 points
    July 3, 2018 at 9:35 am

Here is attachment Image2
    (by the way I cannot check the checkbox ‘Notify me of follow-up replis via email).

Attachments:
  • Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 3, 2018 at 9:39 am

Adding the http:// parameter to your link should fix that.

• Astrid
    Astrid
    Senior Member 128 points
    July 3, 2018 at 9:52 am

Thanks, It did fix that.
    However my question still stands. When you click on the button Bezoek Webwinkel (Visit store) then the page (Using the affiliate link!!!!) is openend automatically. So far so good.
    But now you give the user an option to go to the store (after copying the discount code) with three options in the pop-up. (For these points see the attachment)
    1. Use this code at http://www.smulze.nl
    2. A link with a picture of a house and the store link
    3. The button Bezoek webwinkel (visit store)
    When a customer uses these links, then I will not get any commision when they purchase something at the store.
    So shouldn’t these links be the affiliate link?

Attachments:
  • Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 3, 2018 at 10:17 am

I agree, this new coupon box is highly inefficient.

The affiliate links should automatically be opened upon hitting “COPY” …

Most visitors will already have a tab open containing the checkout of the store they are about to purchase at, so most won’t even bother to click that “VISIT STORE” button.

They’ll simply grab their code, and head back to the other tab they already have open.

No cookie tracking…. Kiss your commissions goodbye!

Attachments:
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,899 points
    July 3, 2018 at 12:08 pm

@Astrid, thanks ill add this in.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,899 points
    July 3, 2018 at 12:31 pm

When you click the “show coupon” code initially there is a pop under which means the users already been sent to the affiliate website in the previous website thus the affiliate code/commission would already be set. I didnt add another pop-up as it seemed overkill.

• Matthew
    Matthew
    Senior Member 218 points
    July 3, 2018 at 12:45 pm

So anyone that reaches the page directly through Google, or clicks the title in the archives probably won’t generate a commission…

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,899 points
    July 3, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Would you prefer I add an option to disable the pop-up and allow links directly to the listing page that worked as it did previously? I’m happy to add an on/off option should this be better for everyone.

• Astrid
    Astrid
    Senior Member 128 points
    July 3, 2018 at 2:13 pm

I would prefer to have the store links set to affiliate links.
    It is true that the store webpage opens in a separate page. But what you see as a customer is the pop-up with the couponcode.
    As a customer I would copy the coupococde. Then I want to go to the store to use the code. It is more Obvious for the customer to click on one of the 3 options shown on the pop-up to go to the store. He or she will not copy the code and than go to another page that has openend and shows the store.
    I thought that I could solve this myself by changing the storewebsite link (in Cupons – Store – website link) into the Afiiliate link. But then the problem is that the affiliate link is shown in the pop-up (see attachment).
    I do like the pop-up.
    It is customer friendly and allows you to easily copy the coupocode.
    I’m not sure how to solve this problem though…

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)