Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Dave

Updates?

Hi. I am a bit confused about the update process. In my WP admin ares it says I have 7.1.3 and it is the latest version, yet there seems to be a newer version available for download, and I see discussions about needing to update 1 ppt file. depending which version of WP you have. I always apply updates as soon as they are available in admin, I now have WP 3.7.1, has my site not been working properly since WP 3.6? I haven't noticed any issues. I'm confused. Is there a clear update path?

Created: November 13, 2013 at 12:47 am

• Dave
    Dave
    November 16, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Really? Nobody else has a clue either?

OK, so I found this blog post: https://www.premiumpress.com/blog/wordpress-3-7-update/ but it doesn’t seem to have a date.

Do I just overwrite my 7.1.3 files with the 7.1.4 files? Do I still need to update the referenced file after the upgrade? Why doesn’t the built in upgrade feature work? Is it fixed in 7.1.4? Why didn’t I get notification about the available update? Does anyone work here? Hello?

Am I the only one disappointed with the lack of communication about this?

• Ian
    Ian
    November 16, 2013 at 8:46 pm

I don’t have a clue why 7.1.4 isn’t available as an automatic update but here’s what I’d do…

Download and unzip 7.1.4
    Download the 2 fixes –
    https://www.premiumpress.com/forums/topic/3-6-issues-with-non-repsonsive-framework/

WordPress 3.7 Fix for Version 7 Themes

Add the fix files to the unzipped 7.1.4 (The 3.6 fix was already added but half of it in the wrong place! so I’d just do it again)
    FTP to your site and rename the shopperpress folder to something else
    FTP the 7.1.4 files and reactivate ShopperPress as the WP theme if needed
    Go through the settings and save each group/page even if you don’t change them

Have fun 😯

• Dave
    Dave
    November 17, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Thanks Ian.
    I planned on trying that om my dev server today, but didn’t think to apply both fixes.

I’ll report back here with my results just in case someone else has the same questions.

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments