Turn off shopping cart & Keep theme

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes ShopperPress Turn off shopping cart & Keep theme

Discontinued - The forum content is out of date. For theme support please use our support desk here.

Turn off shopping cart & Keep theme

July 10, 2013
Jose Jose
  • Jose
    Jose
    Newbie 29 points

I would like to turn off Shopping Cart ONLY, while retaining the theme. I do not need the built-in ShoppingCart function of ShopperPress. I have a 3rd party Shopping Cart plug-in which I need to use to match up with my Gateway/Merchant Account, however I do not want to lose the theme/site design for Alive Furniture Shop. Can anyone please tell me how accomplish the aforementioned process? Thanks in advance!

July 10, 2013 at 8:30 am
  • David Harris
    David Harris
    Senior Member 367 points

You could just not add any products, remove certain things from menu bars etc and just use the pages and blog etc. :) Not heard of a request like that before.

July 10, 2013 at 9:49 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

There is a catalog mode option under the display settings -> store seutp which may remove the add-to-cart button.

July 10, 2013 at 10:19 am
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points

Is there?

July 10, 2013 at 11:01 am
  • Jose
    Jose
    Newbie 29 points

While the add to cart button may possibly be removed, that will probably still be a GUI change and will not allow a third party cart to be integrated. The built-in shoppingcart function seems to preclude integration of 3rd party shopping carts…

I need to make a change which will allow for a third party shopping cat to be utilized while retaining the theme, site structure and basic GUI.

July 10, 2013 at 4:37 pm
  • Ian
    Ian
    Super Guru 1,200 points

ShopperPress is the cart, you need another theme that looks like Alive furniture..

July 11, 2013 at 1:28 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

Yes i think you’ve got it the wrong way around Jose, shopperpress is a cart/theme, its an all-in-one.

July 11, 2013 at 5:19 am
  • Jose
    Jose
    Newbie 29 points

Mark, any suggestions then? How can I maintain site structure/colors/layout and get a cartless theme (if that is the solution)?

July 15, 2013 at 7:54 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

I think your looking for a e-commerce plugin.

July 15, 2013 at 7:59 am
  • Jose
    Jose
    Newbie 29 points

Wow Mark, Thanks for the fast response.

I use First Data Mark for my Gateway. I purchased Tribulant’s Package to integrate with ShopperPress. Tribulant offers a “Shopping Cart Plug-in” for First Data. Is that different than an e-commerce plug-in and do you know of one that will integrate with the ShopperPress ‘Alive Furniture’ Theme?

The terminology is also confusing me a bit -> ShoppingCart versus E-Commerce Plug-in…

July 15, 2013 at 8:12 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Jose, ShopperPress is a ‘shopping cart’ so it can’t integrate with other 3rd party shopping carts.

Your request is like if you bought a BMW car and then asking in a garage to have the BMW engine disabled and put engine from Nissan in the boot and making it work with the car. 😉

Wouldn’t it be easier to have the First Data payment gateway integrated in the ShopperPress?

Kind regards,

Richard

July 15, 2013 at 8:34 am
  • Jose
    Jose
    Newbie 29 points

Richard,

Thank You for your input: “Wouldn’t it be easier to have the First Data payment gateway integrated in the ShopperPress?”

Sounds like it may be a solution, but how would I go about doing this?

Thanks

July 15, 2013 at 8:44 am
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points
    July 15, 2013 at 8:50 am
  • Fui Sinn
    Fui Sinn
    Newbie 21 points

Hi

I’m looking for the same thing. Turning off the shopping cart.

Where is this ?
    “Catalog mode option under the display settings -> store setup which may remove the add-to-cart button.”

April 19, 2014 at 9:51 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,814 points

are you using the responsive theme?

April 19, 2014 at 10:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team