Ask the community

This is a community support forum where you can ask
questions and interact with other PremiumPress Customers.

Turn off registration

• andy
    andy
    Newbie 7 points
    July 31, 2013 at 11:22 am

Hi,
    got a bit of a major issue on my shopperpress site. Basically i need to disable the registration which i have done but no body can buy anything as when you got to the cart there is no option to proceed any further. The options that are available are continue shopping – empty cart or login. if i enable registration it does display some text saying register but is very small. All i want is for my customers to be able to buy something without having to register.
    I have had to enable registration for the time being till i can sort this issue out.
    Anyone able to help me out or point me in the right direction?
    My site http://www.champleyshoes.co.uk
    Many thanks
    Andy

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    July 31, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Have you gone into “checkout” in the shoppress backend and changed your checkout type to allow “Guest checkouts” – this is what I do, but for digital downloads registration is required.

• andy
    andy
    Newbie 7 points
    July 31, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Yes i have the guest checkout enabled but its still the same. Any other ideas?

• Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    July 31, 2013 at 2:15 pm

here is my checkout settings page – see attached – is your different? Also what version of SP are you using?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • andy
    andy
    Newbie 7 points
    July 31, 2013 at 2:45 pm

the only thing that was different with mine was i had the full checkout option enabled, i changed it to the one you had selected and it did alter it but there was still no option to continue. i have attached a screenshot of what the checkout looks like. any other idea?

cheers

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points
    July 31, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Sorry Andy – I would look but seems I am having an issue of my own with at “Redirect Loop” error on my checkout page now?

• andy
    andy
    Newbie 7 points
    July 31, 2013 at 3:33 pm

No worries thanks for your comments

• Ronald
    Ronald
    Newbie 30 points
    November 29, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Hello Andy,

I am having the same problem while setting up a new shopper press responsive site though the responsive site does not have a check out setting.

Also if you have the original shopperpress and updated to the latest WP your cart will not work. That is why I am building a new site on a sub directory.

Will keep you posted if I find anything.

Ron

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)