[TIMELEFT] – SHORTCODE JS conflict

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    May 12, 2015 at 11:59 pm

This has been bugging me for a while – even sent a unanswered ticket about the issue.

What Happens

Listings manager becomes unresponsive i.e screen options don’t work and significant load amongst other issues.
    Location of conflict:
    TypeError: a[1] is undefined in var t=a[1].split(‘:’); starting from line 1793 on class_shortcodes.php.
    This function also adds an expiry countdown timer on Listings/coupon manager and it appears if you are using a custom expiry key this function fails.

Removing the shortcode solves the issue. Similar issue with same code: https://www.designwall.com/question/please-fix-major-problems-with-menus-wordpress-toolbar-primary-and-extras/

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    May 13, 2015 at 12:08 am

which version of the theme are you running? Is this the display in the admin area?

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    May 13, 2015 at 12:14 am

Latest version of coupon theme. Conflict viewable via coupon manager i.e screen options won’t work. The issue only starts becoming a problem when you have at least 50 listings.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    May 13, 2015 at 2:19 am

i actually though i fixed this in the last release, the issue is when the timer has run out completely and its still trying to generate a blank date. IT throws a JS error which knocks out the other JS on the page.

ill take another look for this weekends update.

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    May 13, 2015 at 2:40 am

Cheers Mark!

• Aaron
    Aaron
    Super Guru 920 points
    July 7, 2015 at 2:39 am

A heads up – This issue still persists on the current version of the theme.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    September 2, 2015 at 6:57 am

checking up on old issues, this seems to be fine now in 8.4+

https://cp1.wlthemes.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=listing_type

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes