an
groups-icon

Things aren't working as expected

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    Jeff Alberts
    0 points
    Beginner

I’m having all sorts of trouble getting things to work properly on Moviepress.

I’m new to WordPress, so perhaps this is mostly user error, but I’m not new to CMSs.

Basically there doesn’t seem to be a way for users to add videos to the site. I have a test user setup, and when I click Add new Video, the new listing form is presented, but there is no option to upload a video. I thought maybe it had to do with memberships, so I created a basic membership with upload capabilities, but still no luck. The closest thing I see is File Attachment, which only allows images or flv.

When trying to add a video as admin, I run into worse problems. I go to Videos>Add Video. I am presented with the add video form, and down below the main text area is an Upload Video link. When I click that, an overlay dialog attempts to load, but all I ever see is the loading animation and a Close button, which doesn’t work. The dialog never loads (I’ve let it sit for an hour).

So I tried going into File Manager, and Upload Video. I select a video and some conversion options, and click upload. Then the page sits and waits, and eventually comes back with a cryptic error “Something went wrong, the file was not passed correctly”

There are other issues, the Youtube import/search gives me all sorts of errors. Users are not getting their initial registration email, but they do get a password recovery email when they choose the lost password link.

Hopefully there are just some server settings that haven’t been made obvious that I missed. And hopefully someone can get back to me quickly so I don’t feel I’ve thrown my money away.

November 10, 2013 at 6:27 am
  • Jeff Alberts
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    November 10, 2013 at 5:36 pm
  • AHMED SALEEM
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 7, 2013 at 5:57 am
  • Richard Bonk
    -1 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 7, 2013 at 10:55 am
  • Mark Fail
    11,847 points
    Platinum User
    Bronze User Silver User Gold User Platinum User Helpful Award Fast Responder Thank You Coffee Villian Award Video Testimonial
    Members Only Content

Login Now
    December 7, 2013 at 11:41 am

Views

Replies