an
groups-icon

Stores VS Categories Feedback for Mark :)

Wait a minute... This content is very very old. We no longer sell or support this theme version. New Topics
  • Version 9
    David Murphy
    0 points
    Beginner

Hi Mark!
    I just wanted to provide a little feedback (at least from my understanding of learning the Coupon Theme and your design of it vs the Original CouponPress theme).

After reading the threads, you “changed” how categories are for store setups…as there was no real use for them. I finally understand what you mean now. For stores…you created…well..stores! Yay! I get it…but I was having a horrible time in trying to show up descriptions of my stores through search results and such and stores hosting descriptions.

Well, I stumbled across the button through general settings called “Category Descriptions.” I turned it on. Ta-DAH! My store descriptions showed up. This is a little confusing for someone like me, and maybe many others(?), in trying to straighten out differences and not sure of knowing exactly where to look for things because we call them stores…yet we see Category descriptions…yet we can set up categories for holidays and such.

Is there a way to fix this in an update? Mostly because we are turning on Store Descriptions and not Category descriptions. I didn’t test it yet, but what about Turning On Subcategory descriptions? Does that pull in the descriptions of Categories we make for Holidays or others? (men, women, children, shoes, etc.) Because I don’t understand the distinction between Category vs subcategory vs store in trying to manipulate and maneuver through.
    I’m hoping not to sound like such a nuisance, but I’m hoping that this will bring in more clarity and ease of usage for the backend so there’s no “double jargon” and everything is more VERBALLY streamed lined.
    Again, I hope I’m not sounding too over bearing…I’m just providing a little feedback for a great product that you’ve created. 🙂

Thank you for your hard work!

September 29, 2013 at 4:10 am
  • Chue Vann
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    September 29, 2013 at 5:00 am
  • David Murphy
    0 points
    Beginner
    Members Only Content

This reply is for PremiumPress customers only.

Login Now
    September 29, 2013 at 6:30 am

Views

Replies