Chris

store custom default photos

Just downloaded. 8.9.6 Coupon Press. each store I setup has an automatic thumbnail generated, and since each "store" of mine is a secure affiliate link to partner websites - the image takes forever to generate, and eventually returns garbage. https://screencast.com/t/IoYObwm7K2 How can I disable this feature, and upload a custom image/logo for each store?

Created: October 30, 2016 at 3:42 am
  • In: Coupon Theme
  • Started by: ChrisChris
  • 2 members left 7 comments
  • Last reply from: ChrisChris

• Chris
    Chris
    October 30, 2016 at 4:16 am

In addition, for my “featured listings” that appear on my homepage, there is a blank area over my featured image – tied to:

and on the actual coupon listings a blank area next to the “click to reveal” tied to:

How / where do I customize what images these display?

• Josh
    October 31, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Hello Chris,
    Have a look at this topic >>

• Chris
    Chris
    November 1, 2016 at 3:18 pm

I did. I updated in my child theme, and it removed the autogenerated thumbnail. However, it also removed the store description, description background color (which I did not want).

I did not update a default coupon file – as my theme does not have a file? Or am I missing it somewhere?

• Josh
    November 1, 2016 at 3:39 pm

Hello Chris,
    The file is located in your theme files (CP) >framework >class

• Chris
    Chris
    November 1, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Thanks Josh,
    Thanks for trying to help. Once I get a number of these quirks figured out on my side I will be off to the races 🙂

I replaced the with the file from the other thread, as well as the in my child theme like suggested in other thread.

It has now removed the “click to reveal” portion of the coupon listing, and removed the store thumbnail, store description, and store container background color. none of which I wanted. I just want to be able to have a logo or image for the store listing that I choose. Here is the page in question:

• Chris
    Chris
    November 2, 2016 at 3:32 pm

recap:

I want to have a custom logo or image for each “store”. I installed the in the main theme and in the child theme as suggested here:

But this had undesired effects of completely removing the store description and store container background, and leaving an empty box without a thumbnail at top as seen here:

I also want to have the default logo or image display in the sidebar under “popular stores”.

Please help! 🙂

• Chris
    Chris
    November 2, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Please delete this thread.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)