Showing Map On Listing

• Steven
    Steven
    Newbie 69 points
    August 18, 2013 at 5:23 pm

Hello all your fine people,

I just wanted to ask if anyone else had any issues with the map not showing up on the listing? I have it included in one of my packages and with the new pricing table plugin, you can also see that it is included in the package and I think I ahve done eberything I could as it all looks enabled. When filling out the listing, the map shows when pressing search and the listing goes live right away. However, when viewing the listing, there is no map there at all under the listing.

What gets me is that it is suppose to be included with the listing package and when I go into the admin part of that listing, all the enhancements show “NO” and when I click yes on Google maps, it will then show it.

This is suppose to be included as I have it checked off in my listing package and it is not disabled anywhere?

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong or how I can fix this please?

Thanks in advance..

This is the responsive directory theme I am working on. https://www.advertiseabusiness.com is the address of the site I own.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I’m also confused by this Steven. I have included maps into a listing package, filled out my location, saved and paid. When looking at the listing publicly there is no location information or map displayed in the listing.

Ideally this could be added as an additional tab named “Location”.

So I went to Display Setup–>Content Layouts–>Listing Page Display–>Customize

In there you can see this code:

[code title=””]<div class="block"><div class="block-title"><h1><span>[TITLE]</span></h1></div><div class="block-content">[IMAGES]<ul class="nav nav-tabs" id="Tabs"><li class="active"><a href="#t1">Description</a></li><li><a href="#t2">Details</a></li><li><a href="#t3">Contact</a></li> <li><a href="#t4">Comments</a></li></ul><div class="tab-content"><div class="tab-pane active" id="t1">[TOOLBOX]<h5>[TITLE]</h5>[CONTENT] [GOOGLEMAP] </div><div class="tab-pane" id="t2">[FIELDS hide="map"]</div><div class="tab-pane" id="t3">[CONTACT]</div><div class="tab-pane" id="t4">[COMMENTS]</div></div><script type="text/javascript"> jQuery('a[data-toggle="tab"]').on('shown', function (e) { e.target e.relatedTarget}); </script></div></div>[/code]

Notice this part: [TOOLBOX]<h5>[TITLE]</h5>[CONTENT] <strong>[GOOGLEMAP]</strong> </div><div class="tab-pane" id="t2">[FIELDS hide="map"]</div><div class="tab-pane" id="t3">[CONTACT]

See the two references to GOOGLEMAP and FIELDS hide=”map”?

I’m not sure those relate to what we’re trying to achieve or how to change them to display the map.

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 20, 2013 at 7:39 pm

I have also had this at some point. I went back and edited the listing to retype the location. Then it worked. But it was only that once.

I also noticed the [FIELDS hide="map"], but that should be there as it is hiding it from displaying in the ‘Details’ tab i assume.

When i go to Display Setup -–> Content Layouts -–> Listing Page Display -–> Customize, i get have this as default and my maps are showing correct.

<iframe src=”https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=CYqvJ9L7&#8243; style=”border:none;width:100%”></iframe>

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Roelf, our code is getting mangled. Can you post yours in pastebin and supply a link. I want to check if it’s the same as mine. Also…are you using 4.3 released today?

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Roelf,

I just went through both of our code above line by line. The only difference is that mine shows this:

<script type="text/javascript"> jQuery('a[data-toggle="tab"]').on('shown', function (e) { e.target e.relatedTarget}); </script>

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 20, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Oops…:( sorry bout that.
    Here you go.

https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=CYqvJ9L7

P.S. Sorry for breaking the forum post here…

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I tried removing that javascript that’s in mine, and no luck.

Can you send me link to your site where the map is seen in the listing? I at least want to see what it’s “supposed” to look like.

• Roelf
    Roelf
    Senior Member 104 points
    August 20, 2013 at 8:00 pm
  • Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 20, 2013 at 9:28 pm

Well, that looks nice. Sure wished it worked for me;)

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 21, 2013 at 4:40 am

Maps display on listings where the enhancement is enabled and set to ‘yes’ on the listing itself. It also requires that the user location has a value lon/lat value for the map to be plotted.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 21, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Mark,

I’m just not “getting” this.

From a customer’s view:
    If the location field is there, and they enter a state, city, or exact address, then hit search. The location gets plotted when the listing is saved. Correct?

From an Admin view:
    I have Google Maps/Location “ON” under General Settings->Submission Settings.

In my listing package–>Listing Package Features, I have “Google Map” ticked.

In my understanding this means that Google Map is enabled as a feature in this package and as long as the user enters a location, hits search, and then saves the listing, it should show a map.

Am I missing something critical here?

If I am, can someone please post a step-by-step of exactly how to get a Google Map to display in a listing?

• Bernie
    Bernie
    Newbie 37 points
    August 21, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Adam:
    I saw a function within the website “overview”to “check” my PHP. I found a few php functions were not enabled with my hosting provider….so I had them enabled.

I also filled in the “map zoom” field under submission settings….and now my maps are being displayed.

• Adam
    Adam
    Senior Member 142 points
    August 22, 2013 at 2:01 am

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for the feedback. The “map zoom” did the trick! THANKS!

@Mark, perhaps a little note in that setting that says “Please set the map zoom in order for maps to show on listings.”

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 22, 2013 at 2:36 am

thanks for your feedback, ill see what i can do for a later release.

• Hugo
    Hugo
    Newbie 1 points
    August 27, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Hi,

I am having the same problem. The map won’t show on the listing page. Everything is active, in fact the code appears in the source-code view with chrome but still the map won’t show.

Address is done, all the fields are populated (except for map-address-1 and 2, should they be?? even though the map on the admin panel is showing? lat/long are set), you can even see a blank space where the map should go but no map is rendered.

This is the link: https://seccioncuatro.com/listing/example-listing-9/

I would appreciate if you could help me with this,

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes