Shopperpress 7.1.4 not deleteing expired amazon products

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes ShopperPress Shopperpress 7.1.4 not deleteing expired amazon products

Shopperpress 7.1.4 not deleteing expired amazon products

July 27, 2013
Mark Mark
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 26 points

Hello Mark, it appears the amazon products still arent being deleted. One thing I notice is in the older versions of shopperpress 7 there used to be 2 drop down menus located here…
    Shopperpress>>General Setup>>Default Settings>>listing/package Expiry

one of the menus was for “automatic listing removal” and is still there. the other one was labeled “listing expiry” and is now gone (is also gone in 7.1.3 as well) so I’m wondering if thats the reason its not working being the “on/off” switch isnt there anymore. If you watch the video tutorial right next to it “creating order by values” video right around 3:26 you can see the two drop down menus in the video. Can you please check into it.

thanks,

July 27, 2013 at 12:45 pm
  • Dan
    Dan
    Newbie 66 points

Also, if one of the amazon listings does not have a buy box and its a “new and used” listing do you find it can not be added to the cart checked out by the customer?

July 29, 2013 at 11:25 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

sure ill have another shortly.

July 29, 2013 at 12:41 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 26 points

Hello Mark, checking to see if your making any progress on this?

August 1, 2013 at 2:57 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

iv not had chance yet, my to-do list is pages long.

going as fast as i can.

August 1, 2013 at 8:22 am
  • Matthew
    Matthew
    Newbie 26 points

Would like advice on this one too.

August 2, 2013 at 12:54 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

can you confirm, your saying you’ve manually set an expired date for your amazon products and they are not expiring?

note that when the amazon price checks are done the date_modified is also updated so the date of expiry will be never ending since its constantly renewed.

August 2, 2013 at 3:54 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 26 points

When I enable the “automatic listing removal” feature it does start removing the expired listings but it also removes valid items as well. I’ve tested with 3 sites on each site I’ve set the amount of days for expiry to 7, 14, & 30 days they all do the same thing as far as deleting valid & expired listings. it almost seems like when the amazon price checker runs it’s only changing the date_modified when there is an actual price change. perhaps when it runs and if it sees a valid item even though the price doesn’t change it should still update the date_modified.. that would probably work. (that I leave to you ) :)

August 3, 2013 at 3:15 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

thanks

August 3, 2013 at 3:28 am
  • Matthew
    Matthew
    Newbie 26 points

automatic listing removal – following this thread. Please advise, where is the automatic listing removal, cant see it on mine?
    Thank you.

August 3, 2013 at 5:45 pm
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 26 points

Matthew the location is here as stated in the first post of this thread..
    (each location described below; before the “>>” are the tabs you click on to get to the location) :) (it’s actually called “listing/package Expiry”

Shopperpress>>General Setup>>Default Settings>>listing/package Expiry

Mark, I see all 7.1.4 themes in the download area were updated yesterday on 8/2/2013
    does that update only cover the wordpress 3.6 update issues ?

August 4, 2013 at 12:35 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

Mark, yes it covers the 2 files fixed for 3.6

August 4, 2013 at 1:29 am
  • Mark
    Mark
    Newbie 26 points

Also php error logs are filling up with the following messages; and I think it’s every time the updater runs and the product doesn’t exist on amazon anymore it’s triggering this message; yet it doesnt delete the product from the site;

[10-Aug-2013 19:57:11 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘<h1>There was an error but don’t panic..</h1><p>B001ZDQJRY is not a valid value for ItemId. Please change this value and retry your request.</p>’ in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/PPT/class/class_amazon.php:435
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/PPT/class/class_amazon.php(555): AmazonProductAPI->verifyXmlResponse(Object(SimpleXMLElement))
    #1 /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/template_shopperpress/_single.php(102): AmazonProductAPI->getItemByAsin(‘B001ZDQJRY’, ‘com’)
    #2 /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/single.php(261): include(‘/home/XXXX/pub…’)
    #3 /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-includes/template-loader.php(47): include(‘/home/XXXX/pub…’)
    #4 /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-blog-header.php(16): require_once(‘/home/XXXX/pub…’)
    #5 /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/index.php(17): require(‘/home/XXXX/pu in /home/XXXX/public_html/XXXX.com/wp-content/themes/shopperpress/PPT/class/class_amazon.php on line 435

August 11, 2013 at 3:21 am
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team