Responsive Directory Theme Version: 8.6 – Home Page – Sliders/Map/Etc Remove

• Scott
    Scott
    Newbie 71 points
    September 24, 2015 at 8:17 pm

Greetings,

I just updated from 8.3 to Responsive Directory Theme Version: 8.6

I am finding a lot of differences and issues but understand that bugs should be handled by the (Hopefully soon to be released version 9.0) – In any case I would like to ask what can be done to remove the “Visit Website” buttons on all of the new home page sliders and displays of Directory listings. I certainly do not want people clicking directly off the website from the home page immediately. The “More Details” button should be the only one showing IMHO.

Is there an easy fix for this? A single place to change code? Or will I have to chase down multiple PHP folders to find all these instances in the sliders, new map, and home page random display of listings?

https://merdirectory.com

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    September 25, 2015 at 9:37 am

Hello Scott,
    Go to Theme Options >General Setup >Page Setup >Search Page >Customized Display Code,enable ‘Enable Custom Display’ click ‘Get Codes From Default Layout’ then remove the shortcode [BTN key=”url” text=”Visit Website”]

• Scott
    Scott
    Newbie 71 points
    September 25, 2015 at 11:20 am

Josh,

Thanks for the reply.

When I Go to Theme Options >General Setup >Page Setup >Search Page >Customized Display Code,enable ‘Enable Custom Display’ – This is what is in the section. I do not see [BTN key=”url” text=”Visit Website”]?

[IMAGE hover=1 hover_content=5] [RATING]<div class=’caption’><h1>[TITLE]</h1><div class=’hidden_details’>

• [ICON id=’fa fa-group’ fa=1] [hits] user views [ICON id=’fa fa-comments’ fa=1] [COMMENT_COUNT] reviews
    • [ICON id=’map-marker’] [LOCATION]

<hr />[EXCERPT size=200] <div class=’clearfix’></div><hr />[BUTTON] <span class=’right hidden-xs hidden-sm’ style=’padding-right:20px; line-height:40px;’>[FAVS]</span>[ICON id=’fa fa-tags’ fa=true] [CATEGORY] [TAGS] [DISTANCE]</div></div>

Also, to clarify, I do want the link to the users website to appear in the listing details, just not on the home page and search results pages for SEO reasons. I appreciate your guidance on this.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Scott
    Scott
    Newbie 71 points
    September 26, 2015 at 7:19 pm

Update – My Ticket has not been answered at all…

I keep finding new and more disturbing bugs in 8.6 Is there a new update that you guys are working on to replace this soon? Because my directory really is not functional right now with issues on the captcha and contact author forms, comments, links, etc…

The advertising setup also needs some work…

Please let me know that we are working to resolve these issues?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes