Removing "My Profile Page"

WordPress Business Themes Forums Version 7 Themes DirectoryPress Removing "My Profile Page"

Removing "My Profile Page"

July 24, 2013
Chris Chris
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 10 points

I am looking at removing the “My Profile Feature” from the My Account section, as I don’t want directory listing customers to have personal profiles associated with the listings they purchase.

Is there an easy way to turn this off or remove it from the customer facing admin?

July 24, 2013 at 2:53 am
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

you may need to remove it from the code the file tpl-myaccount.php

i dont think there is an option in DP.

July 24, 2013 at 3:41 am
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 10 points

Thanks Mark, I tried modifying this myself and wasn’t able to cut out the profile code without generating errors.

I added the ability to turn this off in the UI to the feature request board. I think for business directories in general there would be an interest in being able to disable personal profiles

July 28, 2013 at 6:48 pm
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 10 points

Hey all,

I wanted to share the exact code I removed in order to successfully hide/delete the “my profile” tab from the my account section
    [code title=”remove my profile tab”]
    <li id=”myprofiletab”>ID, get_the_author_meta( ‘user_nicename’, $userdata->ID) ); ?>'”><?php echo $PPT->_e(array(‘myaccount’,’32’)); ?> [/code]

September 1, 2013 at 12:59 pm
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 10 points

Now that I have the profile tab removed from the my account section, the next issue I am trying to figure out is how to remove the profile listing information that still automatically displays in the left sidebar of directory listing pages (see attached screenshot)

Once I have this removed then the my profile feature should be completely removed from my directorypress install. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 1, 2013 at 1:17 pm
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 12,812 points

try the admin -> display setup -> listing page -> listing information (on/off)

September 1, 2013 at 4:08 pm
  • Chris
    Chris
    Newbie 10 points

Well that was easy :)

Thanks Mark, that definitely did the trick!

Appreciate all your help

September 1, 2013 at 7:00 pm
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team