Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Paul

Redirect new buyer to membership page

MicroJobs Theme: Been thinking about setting up different memberships for seller and buyer....not particularly difficult, but I've notice that if a non-member buyer tries to buy, he gets a redirect to login/new member registration page. Wondering if there's any way to create a redirect to the membership page, so they can choose the membership package they want, ie buyer only.. Thoughts or ideas please..

Created: May 25, 2020 at 7:09 pm

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 26, 2020 at 10:49 pm

Hello,

There are a couple settings that could semi-help with this, but it would apply to all users. Unfortunately, a custom solution would be needed if you wanted it to apply only to a specific users like Buyers.

PremiumPress > Listings & Packages > Settings > Membership Required.

PremiumPress > Memberships > Settings > Redirect.

• Paul
    Paul
    May 27, 2020 at 9:56 am

Thanks James….hadn’t considered reworking that redirect. I’ll give it a try and let you know.

• Paul
    Paul
    May 27, 2020 at 10:06 am

Yes it’s global…any thoughts on applying it to one group like buyer?

• JamesD
    JamesD
    May 27, 2020 at 11:04 pm

“Yes it’s global…any thoughts on applying it to one group like buyer?”

I’d recommend finding a developer if you’re unfamiliar.

• Paul
    Paul
    May 28, 2020 at 7:09 am

I’m not completely unfamiliar, though by no means a strict coder either, but don’t want to start messing with files just because they look like the right ones.
    There are a bunch of plugins that might work, but I don’t know how much these themes are dependant on WordPress login process, and might break something.
    At the end of the day this was just a thought, and not critical, just hoping someone had done it before in some form.

Thanks

• Alex Morgan
    Alex Morgan
    May 28, 2020 at 12:57 pm

Thanks for sharing 🙂

• JamesD
    JamesD
    June 2, 2020 at 3:37 am

@ppt_phamtey20-04-20_119271962

One way to do it is edit the /MJ9/_micro/widgets/widget-buybox.php.

You can see if this does what you need…
    I’ve made changes changes redirecting to the membership page in the attached files.

Extract that attached file and upload the widgets directory into your child theme directory (or in _micro child theme directory).
    Note: I’ve included a backup of the original file (v9.4.3) in the archive.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Paul
    Paul
    June 2, 2020 at 7:57 am

Thanks James….will try it later, perhaps on my WAMP set up first….the site is live and not mine personally so I’m not about to cause havoc…

• Paul
    Paul
    June 2, 2020 at 8:30 am

Well it works on WAMP….so I’m guessing it will work on the live set up. Thanks James…very nice solution

Copyright © 2010-2020 PremiumPress Limited.

secure payments