Redirect Loop on Checkout page

WordPress Business Themes Forums General Discussion Redirect Loop on Checkout page

Redirect Loop on Checkout page

July 31, 2013
Jeffrey Jeffrey
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

So – I was helping another user with their checkout page when I went to my own to test something and I noticed I am getting this error message in Chrome “This webpage has a redirect loop”

See attached. any clues on what is going on?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 31, 2013 at 3:24 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Not sure but if you look at the url why does it have “~elle3878” and if I manually change it to “checkout” it takes me to my checkout page?

July 31, 2013 at 4:08 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

Anyone have any suggestions on this?

August 1, 2013 at 2:39 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

So I deactivated all my plugins and then found that my “WordPress-https” all of sudden is creating this redirect loop.

Scratching my head hear as it has been working fine and I have not updated my SP install or the actually plugin for a while.

I now have a non-ssl checkout and really don’t like this anyone have any kind words of advise (that are useful in this scenario)?

August 1, 2013 at 2:54 pm
  • Jeffrey
    Jeffrey
    Senior Member 231 points

I am not sure why but a setting in WordPress HTTPs that I believe I have had set the entire time I have had the site up now is the culprit of the redirect loop and I have changed this setting and all seems to be fine now – really scratching my head on this one.

The setting in Wordress HTTPs was:

“Force SSL Exclusively Any page that is not secured via Force SSL or URL Filters will be redirected to HTTP.”

I had this enabled from day one now it creates the redirect loop if it is enabled.

Sorry for the multiple posts in a row…… the unkown sucks…

August 1, 2013 at 3:01 pm
  • Richard Bonk
    Richard Bonk
    Super Guru 2,739 points

Glad you got it sorted. :)

August 1, 2013 at 9:41 pm
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Didn't find what you were after?

Chat with us now

or contact our support team