Problem with language file in responsive coupon press

• Alex
    Alex
    Newbie 19 points
    August 12, 2013 at 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

I copy the _language.php in CP42\framework.

I edit it and replace the English text with Spanish text very carefully, preserving the PHP code and layout. The new file I call spanish_language.php

I copy the new file to cp42/templates/template_coupon_theme. Now I get the option “spanish language” in the drop down menu for languages. Select spanish and SAVE. “CHANGES SAVED SUCCESSFULLY” displays. So far so good.

When I click into the manual translation boxes, none have been populated with the spanish translation I made. When I exit admin and look at the front page on which I have a coupon, everything is still in English.

Any ideas? If Mark wants me to email him my spanish_language.php, I can do that too.

Thanks,

Alex

Nothing changes,

• Alex
    Alex
    Newbie 19 points
    August 12, 2013 at 3:37 pm

A bit of tinkering later and the manual translation boxes are now in spanish. The problem is that there are a number of translations that include PHP code.

I assume this means that there are some errors in how I editted the original english language file – I will investigate and post back here within 24hrs if the problem persists.

• Thomas
    Thomas
    Newbie 59 points
    August 12, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Hi Alex,

If I have misunderstood what you are trying to accomplish, I apologize. I was not sure if you are adding a language select dropdown or attempting to translate couponpress into Spanish. I do know that you can set the default language for WordPress in wp-config.php https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress_in_Your_Language.

Also There is a Google Translate plugin which allows people to translate your WordPress site to other languages. I have it installed on a customers site in right column. beachbreezevacationrentals.com

-Thomas

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 13, 2013 at 6:22 am

it could be iv missed a few lines of text/phrases when adding the content to the language file if you let me know which ones ill update it for the next release.

• Alex
    Alex
    Newbie 19 points
    August 14, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Hi guys just to update you: The problem was when you select the new language from the dropdown, it doesn’t update the buttons with the new language in the languages pane of the ADMIN menu, hence why I thought it was broken. Even refreshing the page doesn’t do it. I can say restarting my LOCALHOST apache server will refresh it, but its surprising ti doesnt refresh when we just click save.

• Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    August 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

thanks for the update, glad u got it going.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes