Ramon

Premium Listings Not Being Refreshed

Hi, A slight problem that might affect the running of my site - If I change a listing to 'Featured' - ie for a £20 charge for 30 days, and then try to cancel it - there's still a renewal charge of '£20 for 0 Days' on the listing, and the listing cannot be renewed until a payment is made.. How do I send it back to just a 'Renew' with no price shown?

Created: November 28, 2016 at 12:25 pm
  • In: General Discussion
  • Started by: RamonRamon
  • 2 members left 11 comments
  • Last reply from: Josh

• Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 12:07 pm

Any update on this question yet?

• Josh
    November 30, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Hello Ramon,
    The price you have set is used as renewal you have set price to $20 then $20 will be used.
    If you want no price displayed set price to zero this way renewal will be free

• Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 2:23 pm

So what you’re saying is –

If a user comes on, and decides to go for a featured listing – but then changes their mind and opts for a free listing – they cannot do it?

And I know that’s how it runs, because I tried it – I needed to turn off the renewal notices to set it back.

This needs looking at!

• Josh
    November 30, 2016 at 3:01 pm

Am sorry,by Featured Listings are you referring to a Listing Package or Featured Enhancement?
    If its a listing package then if a user already bought it and wants the free listing they will have to create a new Listing using the free Listing Package or change the Listing Package by selecting the Listing package on the Edit Listing sidebar.
    Renewing a Listing Package means selecting the Listing Package they where previously using
    If your user was using the Featured Listing Package and selects to Renew it then they will be assigned the same Featured Listing if they want to switch to the Free Listing Package then they would have to select it from the sidebar or create a new Listing

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 4:04 pm

I’m referring to an enhanced (featured for 30 days) and a – shall we call it – POP (enhanced listing for 1 day)

When I tried setting one of the regular listings to Featured, all went fine until I chose NOT to choose Featured. First thing I noticed was that there was an announcement that the listing would not be published until payment was made.

I then tried repeatedly clicking on the free listing option, but no matter what – the listing said that it would now be £20 for 0 (zero) days – and would not accept the listing until I’d played around in the listings manager and then turned renewals off.

I mentioned this a while ago regarding my One-Day listings, and was concerned that this might happen to my One Month listings – which it has.

So – apart from disabling the renewals option – and until such time that the theme author decides to make the renewals section more user friendly – how do you set a premium listing back to a regular listing without performing acrobatics?

Because I for one, do not want to have to tell my users that they need to repeatedly press ‘Basic’ when it might, or might not work.

• Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 4:06 pm

Oh, and as a postscript – all users on my website can create one listing only – so the idea of creating a new one means deleting their present one first.

• Josh
    November 30, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Please provide a screenshot of the ‘enhanced’ you are referring to

• Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Hang on, we got another problem first – I have the aforementioned ‘POP’s’ and ‘Featured’ listings, at £1 and £20 respectively, and they’re all showing up at Free to Renew, with no enhancements.

Must admit I’m getting lost here – why are they now showing Free to List?

• Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 5:27 pm

Right, I think I got around it – I’d turned off all the renewals and everything had reset to normal.

Screenshots coming up!

• Ramon
    Ramon
    November 30, 2016 at 5:44 pm

Aah, apologies are needed I think.

It does indeed say words to the effect of £20 for 0 days and all, but if you just ‘Enter’ your listing as normal, it goes live.

I will say though, that this is rather misleading to users that have previously published a featured listing – presuming that they need to keep publishing as featured rather than downgrade to a basic listing.

Also, the ‘Renew’ button – whilst in your face tempting a user to pay for a further listing – I think it should be made more obvious that a ‘Free’ listing is available if the user just clicks on the ‘Update’ link across the way.

Just a few thoughts, and apologies are conveyed.

• Josh
    December 2, 2016 at 2:22 pm

Thanks for updating Ramon 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)