PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PAYMENT WORKFLOW SYSTEM – I DON'T GET IT

• Randy
    Randy
    Newbie 16 points
    June 23, 2016 at 4:02 am

PLEASE EXPLAIN THE PAYMENT WORKFLOW SYSTEM – I DON’T GET IT
    I CAN NOT SEE HOW BUYERS AND SELLER CHECK OFF THE STAGES OF JOB COMPLETION.
    IT SEEMS LIKE THERE IS NONE…. ALL I SEE IS MESSAGE SYSTEM, BUT NO CLICK BUTTONS FOR THE BUYER TO SHOW JOB COMPLETED AND PAID,

PLEASE SEE MY ATTACHED CHART ON HOW I EXPECT IT TO WORK. AND MAYBE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW IT ACTUALLY WORKS..

I KNOW MY WAY IS DIFFERENT USING A DEPOSIT UP FRONT, AND NOT THE WHOLE JOB AMOUNT… BUT SHOW ME HOW THE STANDARD SYSTEM IS SUPPOSED TO WORK OUT OF THE BOX.

OR IS THERE NO PAYMENT WORK FLOW SYSTEM IN PLACE AND IT NEEDS TO BE BUILT AND NOT INCLUDED.

THANK yOU

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    June 23, 2016 at 1:20 pm

Hello Randy,
    Here is how it works:
    1.Seller/service provider post services they offer.
    2.Buyer select the seller they want then make payment which is sent to admin paypal.
    3.Seller receives message of new order.Seller proceeds with the work and communicate with buyer via overflow.Once seller completes job they mark it as complete.
    4.Buyer receives fund release request.If job is complete then they can release the funds.If the job is not complete communication continues via overflow till completion.
    5.Admin receives job completion and fund release request and proceeds to release funds with commission deducted.
    There is no option for users/buyer to post a service they want done

• Kashif
    Kashif
    Senior Member 151 points
    September 27, 2016 at 3:49 am

Hello Josh,

I pretty much understood everything above but how do I know in my paypal account that who paid for which service from which provider/seller? and in demo I can’t find payment details of seller which I will be making payment to?

• Tem
    Newbie 1 points
    February 13, 2017 at 3:38 pm

Hello

Just want to echo Kashif’s questions as mine are similar. I created buyer/seller accounts have made a few live transactions on my microjobs site – here’s what I’ve noticed:

a) As Admin, I don’t receive job completion notifications via email or anywhere else.
    b) As Admin it seems upon monies are being sent to me, but how does buyer initiate fund release request? I’m currently logged in as a buyer, the job is completed but I don’t see this option.
    c)As Admin, is the Theme Settings the only place where I set my commision?

If this is explained in detail somewhere else, feel free to redirect me

Thanks folks

• Kashif
    Kashif
    Senior Member 151 points
    February 13, 2017 at 6:59 pm

@Tem

a) in order to receive notifications via email, you need to setup email under >Theme Settings> Emale Setup.

b) Theme Settings>User Setup> in >User Credit; display >Withdraw Box.

c) yes, see some where under theme settings to find the commission settings, i seen it but can’t remember.

hope “a” and “b” is answered correctly not sure about the “c”

good luck

• Josh
    Super Guru 13,875 points
    February 14, 2017 at 2:51 pm

Hello Tem,
    Just to add to what Kashif mentioned above.
    b).After seller completes the job they mark it as complete and a button to request fund release will appear.If buyer is satisfied with the work then they can proceed to release the funds by pressing the ‘Release Funds’ button.
    c).Set commission under Theme Setup >General Setup >Micro Job Settings

• Brian
    Newbie 10 points
    April 7, 2018 at 9:56 pm

I am trying to understand the checkout or payment process a bit more clearly.

1. When Customer makes a payment to buy the listing (example: $100)’
    1. Where is that $100 sent if performing through Standard Paypal?

2. Listing Poster receives a notification to complete the order.
    1. When using the Admin payment – the Poster looked like they owed (-$15) for the 15% fee that I have created for all commissions.

3. Listing Poster Completes Job

4. Customer Releases Funds

5. Who is sending the Remaining $85 to the Listing Poster who completed the job?
    1. Is that done automatically through Paypal?
    2. Is it applied to his/her account on the site and they need to request a withdrawal?
    3. Do I need to use Adaptive payments, is the $85 held at PayPal until release?

please help clarify this process if possible, I am getting ready to launch to my customers, but this is the most important part of the site.

Thanks
    Brian

• Tania
    Tania
    Newbie 4 points
    July 18, 2018 at 4:02 pm

Cant find the:

“b) Theme Settings>User Setup> in >User Credit; display >Withdraw Box.” Option

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Mark Fail
    Mark Fail
    Super Guru 13,013 points
    July 19, 2018 at 12:09 am

There isnt one in V9, this thread is from 2016, which is the older one made for version 8.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

New Business Themes for WordPress 2020

Start your new website today!

View Business Themes